Warzone 2.0 has just been released on PC, PlayStation, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. But unfortunately, many players are reporting several issues and bugs with the game such as crashing at startup, won’t start stuttering, lag, FPS drop, and much more. In addition to these issues, many players are now reporting that they receive an error that reads – ‘Fetching online profile’. Unfortunately, it appears on all gaming platforms. If you are receiving the same error message, worry not as it is troubling to many other players as well. Here we show you some potential workarounds to fix this error.
How to Fix Warzone 2 Stuck on Fetching Online Profile
There could be many reasons why you are stuck on the ‘Fetching online profile’ error and so there are multiple workarounds you can try to resolve the matter.
1. Your first move is to check the current server status and make sure the servers are not down due to any reasons. To check, here are two official Twitter pages of the developers:
Sometimes the servers are down due to outages or scheduled maintenance. If that is the case, then wait until they are up and the ‘Fetching online profile’ error will be eliminated.
2. Try restarting your game once. Close the game completely and then relaunch it.
3. Check if there is any pending update for Warzone 2.0. To run the game smoothly, it must be updated to the latest version.
4. To run massive games like Warzone 2, your internet connection should be fast and stable. So, make sure there are no issues with your connection. Also, you can try restarting your internet router or modem to fix any connection-related issues. Furthermore, try switching your connection from WiFi to wired as it is more stable and reliable.
5. Try changing your DNS servers and check if the error still persists. To do this:
– On Console: Open Network Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Select DNS Settings and change its numbers to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
– On PC: Go to Windows Settings, find and click on ‘Change adapter options’. A new menu will be opened called ‘Network Connections’. Select the type of network your computer is using. Right-click on Ethernet or WiFi >> Properties >>find and select Internet Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Then click on Properties, select ‘Use the following DNS server address’ and change your DNS settings on your PC. Go to ‘Preferred DNS server and set its numbers as 22.214.171.124 and Alternative as 126.96.36.199.
6. If everything fails, your last resort is to uninstall the game and then install it again. Once installed, run the game from Steam or Battle.net client and the error should be fixed.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will help you to resolve the ‘Fetching online profile’ error in Warzone 2.0.