The Ascent was one of the most awaited games of 2021 and it has finally launched for Xbox consoles and PC. This game is very well optimized and feels and looks like the next-gen. However, many players are getting some weird issues. Players are reporting on Reddit and Steam Community that their saved game is erased and also crashing at launch. Unfortunately, there is not any fix or update is revealed by the developer Neon Giant. However, the player has gone out their ways and found out some workarounds which we are going to talk about here in the following. Let’s learn how to Fix The Ascent: Game Crashed and Erased Saved Game.
How to Fix The Ascent: Game Crashed and Erased Saved Game
Check out the following solutions shared by the players on social media platforms.
Fix Crashing Issue on The Ascent
Many players stated that they have started facing this issue particularly after switching to DirectX 12. Since it seems that the game isn’t optimized for DirectX 12, players should switch their game to DirectX 11 and then try to play this game. It will not be crashed at the start-up or during the game.
In case the game is not starting after DirectX 12 crash, the do the following easy steps:
1. Right-click on The Ascent in Steam
2. Go to the Properties and then type ‘-dx11’ under Launch options and then hit OK.
3. It will force The Ascent to start with DirectX and it will start without any crashing issues.
Also, we recommend disabling any third-party software if you’re running it. Also, make sure to disable GeForce Overlay and Steam overlay.
Fix Erased Saved Game in The Ascent
This is also one of the recent and weird issues experienced by many players. Players have reported that their saved game got deleted after certain hours of play. Unfortunately, this issue is also not yet acknowledged by the developer but, one of the players shared one solution on the Steam community which you should try.
1. Go to the Steam cloud by clicking on this link: https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage.
2. Download your saved game from there. Your file should be called as SaveProfiles.sav.
3. Once downloaded, you can paste it to the following folder – C:\Users\#yourusername#\AppData\Local\TheAscent\Saved\SaveGames
And then relaunch the game, you will see your game progress.
That’s all for this guide on how to fix The Ascent: Game Crashed and Erased Saved Game.