Sons of The Forest is the latest survival horror game by Endnight Games. Although it is one of the most stunning survival games out there, players have been reporting a few bugs and issues with the game such as invisible buildings bug, high brightness issue, and multiplayer not working, among others. Lately, some players are reporting that their save progress is not saving. Well, there can be several reasons why a game may not save progress that includes corrupted game files, antivirus programs, and user account permissions, among others. If you are looking for the best and quick methods to fix the Sons of The Forest not saving progress issue, here is what you need to do.
How to Fix Sons of The Forest Not Saving Progress Issue
If you are experiencing issues with Sons of The Forest not saving progress, then worry not. Many players are also having the same issue and this guide has covered all potential solutions to get it fixed.
1. The very first and classic solution is to repair any missing or corrupted game files. To do so: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on Sons of The Forest >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files. Once the process is done, relaunch the game and check if the game’s progress is not saving.
2. Running the game as an administrator should be your next move to fix the issue. Here is how you can do it:
– Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Hover the mouse on Manage and then click on Browse local files.
– Next, right-click on the game >> Properties >> Compatibility >> Run this program as an administrator
– Lastly, click on Apply and then Ok
3. Some corrupted saved files can also cause this issue so in this method, we will delete the corrupted saved files. For that, you need to:
– Open up the Run dialogue box by pressing Win + R keys
– Type %localappdata%low/Endnight/SonsOfTheForest/Saves and then click on Ok
– Delete everything in this folder but make sure to take a backup of all files first
4. The next best method is to allow the game on a Windows anti-virus program. For this: Go to Windows Security >> Virus and Threat Protection >> Virus and Threat Protection Settings >> Manage Controlled Folder Access and then either go to Block History or Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access and allow Sons of The Forest.exe to have folder access.
5. The last option is to uninstall the game and then reinstall it and check if the issue is resolved.
6. If none of these methods help, you may want to contact the support team for further assistance.
That’s everything you can try fixing Sons of The Forest not saving progress issues.
Read more: How to fix Sons of The Forest high brightness issue.