Lately, many Minecraft players are encountering an error that says – “We were unable to verify what products you own”. It has been noticed that the error message appears at the time of launching Minecraft, Minecraft Legends, and Minecraft Dungeons. Not only PC users but other console users are also receiving the same error message which is pretty annoying. Well, the main reasons behind this error message include the server outage or some other issues. In this guide, we will try to resolve the “We were unable to verify what products you own” in Minecraft.
How to Fix Minecraft We Were Unable to Verify What Products You Own Error
Are you receiving an error that reads – “We were unable to verify what products you own” while launching Minecraft? Worry not as many other players are encountering the same error. The error message comes in a red box and prevents players from accessing the game. Thankfully, you can try the following workarounds to get rid of this error message in Minecraft.
1. The very first method to resolve the error is to simply restart your PC. For this, fully exit from the game and restart the system. Once restarted, log in to the game and check if the error is gone.
2. If restarting the system doesn’t help, make sure the Minecraft servers are up and running fine. To check the current server status, click here. In case the servers are down, the error will be eliminated automatically once their services are back online.
3. The next method is to check your account status. If your account is minor, you won’t be able to play the game. If that is the case, contact their support team and explain the issue. They will alter your account from minor to a child after checking.
4. Make sure your Windows is updated to the latest version. If you are using an outdated version, the game might throw errors like “We were unable to verify what products you own”.
5. If nothing helped, the next workaround is to update your Minecraft launcher. At times, updating the game to the latest version can resolve many issues. So, give it a try.
6. Just in case, everything fails, the last resort is to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it.
That’s everything you can try to fix Minecraft ‘We were unable to verify what products you own’ error.