Undoubtedly, Fortnite is one of the most favorite games of many players. However, fans are not happy with the game nowadays as they are not able to start it correctly because of a new error 0xc00007b. When they attempt to launch the game, this error comes up. However, mostly this issue occurs when you launch the game first time on your Windows system. Are you having the same issue? Do not worry! Here we present you a complete and simple guide to fix Fortnite error 0xc00007b unable to start correctly.
How to fix Fortnite error 0xc00007b unable to start correctly
The solutions to fix Fortnite Error 0xc00007b are very straightforward.
Reinstall the Epic Games Launcher
1. Click on Start
2. Then type Add or Remove Programs and then press Enter
3. Search for the Epic Games Launcher and select it
4. Then click on Uninstall
5. Once it is done, then download the new version from www.epicgames.com and install the new launcher again
Delete some unwanted files and run the DirectX setup
1. Press the ‘Windows key + R’ and open the run dialog box
2. Type “C:\Windows\System32” and then click OK
3. Find out the following files and delete them.
“xinput1_1.dll”, “xinput1_2.dll”, “xinput1_3.dll”
And also delete all other files that started with xinput1_*.dll but be very careful and DO NOT delete any other file mistakenly.
4. Once all the files are deleted, click on the link and download and run the DirectX setup
5. Once downloaded, run that file and follow the instructions in order to install DirectX
6. Once done, make sure to restart your computer and then run Fortnite.
Check of the corrupt system files
1. Press the ‘Windows Key + X’ button and select the ‘Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Now, you will need to copy and paste the code (Sfc /scannow) onto the command line and then press ‘Enter’. This way, the System File Checker will be initiated and it will check the system for any errors.
3. Here you have to wait for some time until the process finishes. It will take 25 to 30 minutes. However, the process will run in the background. Once completed, you will have a detailed report about your system health.
4. Now, restart the computer system and then try to open up Fortnite.
Even after trying these solutions, if the same error persists, we recommend approaching to Microsoft Support team for further help to fix this Windows error code.
That’s everything you need to know about how Fix Fortnite Error 0xc00007b Unable to Start Correctly.