Destiny 2 is a popular action MMO game that you and your friends can join the world anywhere, anytime, and it is free. The Destiny 2 servers can easily manage a huge number of users effortlessly. However, when more than expected players come online at the same time, servers can’t manage such a massive load and create several issues. And in such a situation, players start getting different types of server-related errors such as ‘Destiny 2 servers are currently unavailable. Because of such errors, fans are not able to enjoy this game. Luckily, there are some workarounds which you can try to fix such issues.
How to Fix Destiny 2 Servers are Currently Unavailable Error
Here are some troubleshoots to fix Destiny 2 servers that are currently unavailable error.
Play the game at a Different Time
As we have said, sometimes, many players are trying to access the game online at the same time. So, wait for some time and try to get into the game at some different times.
If you are playing the game on a Wi-Fi connection, sometimes DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) interferes with the connection and so you are getting an error message such as ‘servers are currently unavailable’. So, try to fix this problem by disabling DHCP.
1. Open up the Start Menu and go to Network and Sharing Center
2. Next click on Change adapter settings and then right-click on the connection which you’re using currently and go to the ‘Properties’
3. Double click on ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
4. Next select ‘Use the following IP address’ and ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ and then enter manually custom IP address and DNS server address and then click on ‘Ok’
5. That’ done, restart your PC now and see, you won’t get any error message
Update the Network Card Driver
Since the Network Card Driver is very important on PC, you need to update it. If the network drivers are not updated, you will get server-related issues in Destiny 2. If you already have the latest updated network drivers and still you are getting the same errors, then the issue is from Destiny 2 servers. To make sure, you can check the status of the main servers on their official Twitter handle. In case the servers are down, then the issue will get resolved automatically once their servers are up.
That’s all for this guide on how to Fix Destiny 2 Servers are Currently Unavailable Error.