COD: Modern Warfare is one of the popular FPS video games developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. However, players are disappointed with this game because it is preventing you from queuing into the matches. Many players are reporting that when they try to boot up the game or join any match, console players get an error code 38 and that prevents players from playing the game. Mostly this problem occurs at the time of updating. It seems, it has a client-side issue. Luckily, there are certain fixes which we are going to talk about in the following:
How to Fix COD Modern Warfare Error Code 38
Here are some of the best and possible solutions to fix COD Modern Warfare Error Code 38.
Delete the saved data
This solution is suggested by one of the players on Reddit. One of the first things you should do is delete the saved data. For this:
1. Open up the Settings menu which you will find on the top of the dashboard
2. Then select Storage and then select System Storage
3. Next select Saved Data
4. Choose the COD Modern Warfare game so that you can access the game’s saved data
5. Then, click on the Options button and then select Delete
6. Select the saved data files and select Delete
Once done, restart the system and try to launch the game, you won’t see the Error Code 38.
If it doesn’t work, then try the next some of the other solutions.
Restart your console completely
1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds and shut down your console completely.
2. Wait for few seconds
3. And then press and hold down the power button to turn ON the console again.
Power Off and Power ON your internet router
After processing both of the above solutions, if you are still getting the same error. Then try to power off your internet router completely and then power on it again.
Check if any pending updates
Modern Warfare frequently releases new updates and sometimes it happens that it doesn’t download automatically. If the version is outdated, it can create several issues including Error Code 38. Here are steps to check and install the update:
1. Close Modern Warfare
2. Then go to the Game Library or My Games and Apps
3. Go to the Modern Warfare and press the Options button
4. Then select ‘Check for Update’ (For PS)
5. Next, select ‘Manage Game’ and then scroll down to the ‘Downloads’ (For Xbox)
6. If you find any new update, download and install it.
That’s everything you need to know how to Fix COD Modern Warfare Error Code 38.