Recently, many Call of Duty Mobile players is experiencing that they are not able to log in to the game. A lot of players are getting an Error 270fd309 and that happens to both iOS and Android devices. Many players are complaining that the error is happening when they attempt to log into COD mobile by using their Facebook account. Although the devs have not yet confirmed this error, many players have tried some workarounds to fix COD Mobile Authorization Error 270fd309.
How to Fix COD Mobile Authorization Error 270fd309
Go through the following all the possible solutions to fix COD Mobile Authorization Error 270fd309.
1. Restart your device. The very first thing you need to do is to restart your device simply and open up the game again.
2. Then, check for any game updates. Devs frequently release updates. To check, just go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search ‘Call of Duty Mobile’. If there you can see an update, get it done and the issue should be resolved.
3. Do check your internet connection. In case your internet connection is not working properly or having poor speed, this error may happen. So, make sure that your internet connection is working fine and stable. You can also try to switch your internet connection. That means, if you are connected to your game with Wi-Fi, then switch it to Mobile Hotspot and vice versa.
4. Reboot your internet router. The other thing you can do is restart your Wi-Fi router. If it has any connection-related issues, then it will be resolved.
5. Clear Cache data. Simply clear up the Cache data from your device’s settings and then try to access the game.
6. Change the Date and Time of your device. Some players on Reddit have tried this solution and it worked. This issue occurs more frequently on iOS phones. For this go to Settings >> general >> Date and Time and set time automatically. Although this solution worked for several iOS users, if you’re an Android user, you can give it a try.
7. Log out of your Facebook account. This is a bit of an odd fix but it worked for many players. In case you have already logged in to other devices, may occur this issue. So, log out of your FB account from other devices and then try to join the game.
8. Reinstall the game: In case any of these solutions do not work, then simply uninstall the game and reinstall it again from the Apple App or Google Play Store.
9. And still you are getting the same error code while playing COD Mobile, then make sure to check the latest updates of the devs. If there is any issue from their side, they notify on the official Twitter handle. In case the server is down, the issue will be solved automatically once the services resume.
10. At the last, contact the support at Activision on their official website and select COD: Mobile. Here you can explain the issue along with your details such as ID, Username, Name, and submit the form. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
That’s everything you need to know about how to Fix COD Mobile Authorization error 270fd309.