Baldur’s Gate 3 puzzles can get complicated the further into the game you go. Thankfully, some of the puzzles are optional, but you can solve them to get some rewards. One of the optional puzzles you will encounter is saving the Gondians prisoners from the Iron Throne. Before Gortash gets a chance to kill everyone, you have a few turns to save them. But this can quickly become complicated if you are unsure of how to solve the puzzle. In this guide we will see how to save the Iron Throne Prisoners in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 – How to Save the Iron Throne Prisoners
You need to save all the prisoners within the required moves to complete the puzzle. Here we will see how to save the Iron Throne Prisoners in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Read More: Baldur’s Gate 3 (BG3) Lift The Shadow Curse
To save all the prisoners, just follow the steps below.
- Lower the difficulty to Explorer, which will give you 8 turns instead of 6.
- Equip spells or potions that will help increase your movement speed. Spells like Haste and Misty Step can be used for several turns.
- Try to rescue Duke Ravengard or Omeluum first. You can find the Duke after descending the ladder and making your way to the east cells.
- Split your party to make things easier. Send each member to different cells to free the prisoners
- While encountering enemies, try not to attack back and lose a turn. Rather take the attack so the prisoners can escape
- You can use minions to distract the enemies as well.
Sometimes you might encounter a bug where all prisoners cannot escape through the ladder. You can ignore them and continue freeing the others. This will still count as an escaped prisoner, thus completing the puzzle.