Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will let you level up your Pokémon to help you battle tougher Gym trainers and encounter higher-level Pokémon. There are several ways you can gain XP to level them up quickly, and you can mostly do it while playing the game itself. But there are other more efficient methods to try if you want to level up quickly, and in this guide, we will see how to get XP and level up fast in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
How to Get XP and Level Up Fast in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
There are many ways to earn XP to level up your Pokémon while playing the game. Here we will see how to get XP and level up quickly in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
The main source of XP that you can get in the early game is by battling Trainers and Gym Leaders. Fighting other wild Pokémon can also help you gather some XP. But these are not so sustainable sources of XP farming, in the long run, especially to reach higher XP levels in your chosen Pokémon. Let’s look at more ways to gain XP and level up.
- Enable Auto Battle: Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s Let’s Go! The feature lets you walk your Pokémon, fight, and pick up items along the way. Letting your Pokémon walk beside you is one of the best ways to farm XP passively, where they can fight other Pokémon without your intervention. You can also swap out Pokemon when you feel they have reached the desired rank.
- Participate in Tera Raid Battles: You can find Tera Crystals marked on the map, and engaging with them can start the Tera Raid Battle. If you win, you can earn a large chunk of XP as a reward, amongst other items.
- Make Sandwiches: Making sandwiches in the new Picnic feature creates a bonding experience between you and your Pokémon, which effectively raises the XP level. You can also let them eat sandwiches to give them an XP boost.
- Raise Friendship Level: Pokémon that have high Friendship are easier to raise XP on, so you should ensure that your chosen Pokémon has a high enough friendship level. You can increase your Friendship level by giving it items, bonding, and using it at your party.
- Give Consumables and Items: Certain items like Rare Candy, Lucky Egg, and XP charms can boost their XP and other attributes.
That’s all there is to know about getting XP and leveling up quickly in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.