Developed and published by Electronic Arts, FIFA 23 is the latest installment in one of the long-running football simulator franchises. However, the game is still in the early access phase and so, a lot of players are encountering many issues and errors such as crashing or not working on PS5 or lagging, stuttering, and low FPS. In addition to these issues, many players are complaining that they are experiencing black screen issues while enjoying multiplayer games during a few sessions. Some reports also say that they see black shimmering screens at the time of cutscenes. Fortunately, there are multiple workarounds you can try to fix FIFA 23 black screen issue.
Fixing FIFA 23 Black Screen Issue
According to several reports, players are facing a black screen flickering or tearing issue in FIFA 23 and it remains for a long time which is quite frustrating. Thankfully, there are a few things you can try to solve the black screen issue in FIFA 23.
Before you start the following troubleshooting guide, make sure your internet is working fast and stable. In case, it has some issues, you might face black screen issues while playing multiplayer matches. If you could not find any issue in your internet connection, then you may proceed further to the following methods to fix the issue.
1. Make Sure Your System Meets the Minimum Hardware Requirements:
To run a massive multiplayer online game like FIFA 23, your system must meet the minimum hardware requirements which are:
– OS: Windows 10 64-bit
– Memory: 8GB (minimum) or 12GB (recommended)
– CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (minimum) / Intel Core i7 6700 or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (recommended)
– DirectX: Version 12
– GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 570 (minimum) / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 or AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (recommended)
– Storage space: 100 GB available
Let’s assume, your system meets these requirements. Now, check out these troubleshooting steps to fix the black screen issue in FIFA 23.
2. Update Your GPU Drivers
In case your GPU drivers are outdated, it can cause a black screen issue while accessing the game. So, make sure your GPU drivers are updated to the latest version. For NVIDIA cards click here and if you have AMD cards click here to update GPU drivers.
3. Run the Game as An Administrator
If the above methods don’t work, try to run the game as an administrator. For this:
– Go to the folder where the game is installed on your system
– Right-click on the game and select its Properties
– Go to the Compatibility tab and turn on the “Run this program as an administrator”
– Click on “Apply” and “Ok”
4. Repair Your Game Files
By repairing the game files, the black screen issue should be fixed. To do that:
– Go to the Steam library and find FIFA 23.
– Right-click on it and go to Properties >> Local Files
– Select the “Verify integrity of game files”
– Now the scanning process will start and it may take sometimes
– Once done, relaunch the game and the black screen issue in FIFA 23 should be fixed
5. Whitelist the Game in Antivirus Program
At times, the antivirus program installed in your system can prevent the game from running smoothly. If this is the case, go to the FIFA 23 game folder and keep the game in the list of exceptions for your antivirus.
6. Run the Game in Windowed Mode
The last resort is to disable full-screen mode and run the game in Windowed mode. This way, the black screen issue in FIFA 23 should be fixed.
Even after trying all of these methods, if the issue still persists, then contact the EA support team and they will assist you further.
That’s everything you can do to fix the black screen issue in FIFA 23.