The F1 2021 Error Code 1008H “Online Services Error” occurs when the players launch the game and try to connect to the server. Users can still play the offline game, but the connection to the server results in an error. If you encounter the error, the first step is to check the status of the servers. If the servers are fine, troubleshoot your internet connectivity. Next check your NAT type, it should be Open to play the game. If your NAT type is Open, run the Window troubleshooter.
Using a VPN to play the game has also worked for a lot of players so you can consider that as well. For earlier titles like the F1 2019, the error 1008H could be fixed using the Microsoft Easy Fix, but the service is discontinued and Windows 10 users can use the Troubleshooter instead.
How to Fix F1 2021 1008H Error
If you have encountered the error on the day of launch or later, it’s probably because of server problems. Only in rare cases would the user be required to port forward to fix the error. Here are all the solutions you can try to fix the F1 2021 1008H error.
Check the Server Status
As mentioned earlier, the most likely cause of the error is a problem with the servers. You can see this error when the servers are undergoing maintenance or there is a glitch. Whenever you get the error, the first thing you should do is verify the status of the servers. If a large number of people are having the problem it’s because of the servers. You can see the server status and user reports at the Downdetector website.
Verify Your Connection to the Codemaster Servers
There is a quick way to verify if your system can connect with the Codemaster server. Simply follow the link and if you get “CDN connection successful,” there is no problem on your end.
Try Playing the Game Using VPN
This is probably the best chance you have got of playing the game even with the server being down in your region. F1 servers can be down for one region while it appears fine for another from our experience with the game. Hence, if you want to play the game, use a VPN. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for gaming and it’s what we use ourselves. You can go with the free plan or paid.
Test the NAT Type (Xbox Users)
Sometimes you need not change the NAT Type to fix F1 2021 Error Code 1008H Online Services Error, especially when it’s already set to Open. You just need to reinitialize it by testing the NAT Type. Here are the steps to test the NAT type.
- Open Guide by pressing other button on the center of the Controller
- Go to the System area
- Select Settings > Network > Network Settings
- Click on Test NAT Type
Run Windows Troubleshooter
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Press Windows Key + I and select Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot
- Scroll-down, under Find and fix other problems, select Network Adapter
- Click Run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen instructions.
Run the same process for Incoming Connections. Just in case that’s the problem. Now, launch the game and check if the F1 2021 Error Code 1008H Online Services Error still occurs.
Change NAT Type to Open (For Advanced Users)
To change the NAT type you have to forward ports. But, before that check if your NAT type is Open or not. If it isn’t only then proceed with the steps.
For PS4 users, the steps to check NAT type – Settings > Network > View Connection Status
For Xbox users, the steps to check NAT type – Settings > Network >
If you have the necessary permissions, let’s proceed to port forwarding, but first we have to assign static IP for the Xbox and PlayStation.
Before assigning the static IP address, we need to find the IP address of your device. Let’s find and note down the IP address.
For Xbox One Users
- Push the menu button on the Xbox
- Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings
- Navigate to IP Address section and note down the IP Address and the MAC address.
For PlayStation Users
- Start the PlayStation 4 Console.
- From the main menu, go to Settings > Network > View Connection Status.
- Locate the IP address and MAC address and note it down.
Now that you have your IP address and the Mac address, we can set the static IP. Follow these steps to set the static IP.
- Open any browser and enter the Default Gateway number (IP address) provided by the ISP and log-in using your username and password.
- Navigate to settings and activate Enable Manual Assignment option. Under the Manual Assignment option, add the IP address and the MAC address of your console and click add.
- Remember though, the name and the settings can vary from one router to the other so you might have to do a little searching to find the exact options. Type the name of your router + set static IP and you should find some helpful articles on Google.
Having set the static IP, we can now proceed to port forwarding.
- While still logged into the Default Gateway number, find the port forwarding section. If this option does not appear in settings, try the advanced settings. Have the help page of the router manufacturer open for support on terminology and steps to find port forwarding.
- Now that you have entered port forwarding, you have to enter the range of the ports you want to open in Start and End or Internal and External. For F1 2021 the port ranges are:-
F1 2021 - PlayStation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
F1 2021 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
F1 2021 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Remember of fill the exact protocol – TCP or UDP under the Type of Service Type option. As there is option to open one port range at a time, do this multiple times until you add all the port ranges.
- The next step is to enter the static IP we created for the console and click enable or ok. Restart the console and router for the settings to apply.
- Check if the F1 2021 Error Code 1008H Online Services Error has been resolved.
That’s all we have in this guide, we hope your problem is fixed. If you have a more effective solution feel free to comment and share with others.