The F1 2020 Error Code 1008H “Online Services Error” occurs when the player launches the game and tries to connect to the server. Users can still play the offline game, but the connection to the server results in an error. If you encounter the error, the first step is to troubleshoot your internet connectivity. Next check your NAT type, it should be Open to play the game. If your NAT type is Open, run the Window troubleshooter.
For earlier titles like the F1 2019, the error 1008H could be fixed using the Microsoft Easy Fix, but the service is discontinued and Windows 10 users can use the Troubleshooter instead. If are on Win 7 or 8, you can do the same.
Ultimately, if your NAT type is not Open you need to fix that, but Xbox users can first try and test the connection. Here are the fixes you can try.
Fix 1008H After Recent Update (Sep 2020)
We are seeing a surge in the number of users encountering the F1 2020 Error Code 1008H Online Services Error. This can be due to a new update or a server problem. As such, try to change the internet connection or use VPN and you may be able to play the game.
If the error is because of the servers being overloaded, you should use a VPN and a permanent solution would be to wait for a few days before the traffic to the servers return to normal.
Fix 1: Test the NAT Type (Xbox Users)
Sometimes you need not test the NAT Type to fix F1 2020 Error Code 1008H Online Services Error, especially when it’s already set to Open. You just need to reinitialize it by testing the NAT Type. Here are the steps to test the NAT type.
- Open Guide by pressing other button on the center of the Controller
- Go to the System area
- Select Settings > Network > Network Settings
- Click on Test NAT Type
Fix 2: Run Windows Troubleshooter
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Press Windows Key + I and select Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot
- Scroll-down, under Find and fix other problems, select Network Adapter
- Click Run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen instructions.
Run the same process for Incoming Connections. Just in case that’s the problem. Now, launch the game and check if the F1 2020 Error Code 1008H Online Services Error still occurs.
Fix 3: Change NAT Type to Open (For Advanced Users)
To change the NAT type you have to forward ports. But, before that check if your NAT type is Open or not. If it isn’t only then proceed with the steps.
For PS4 users, the steps to check NAT type – Settings > Network > View Connection Status
For Xbox users, the steps to check NAT type – Settings > Network >
If you have the necessary permissions, let’s proceed to port forwarding, but first we have to assign static IP for the Xbox and PlayStation.
Before assigning the static IP address, we need to find the IP address of your device. Let’s find and note down the IP address.
For Xbox One Users
- Push the menu button on the Xbox
- Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings
- Navigate to IP Address section and note down the IP Address and the MAC address.
For PlayStation Users
- Start the PlayStation 4 Console.
- From the main menu, go to Settings > Network > View Connection Status.
- Locate the IP address and MAC address and note it down.
Now that you have your IP address and the Mac address, we can set the static IP. Follow these steps to set the static IP.
- Open any browser and enter the Default Gateway number (IP address) provided by the ISP and log-in using your username and password.
- Navigate to settings and activate Enable Manual Assignment option. Under the Manual Assignment option, add the IP address and the MAC address of your console and click add.
- Remember though, the name and the settings can vary from one router to the other so you might have to do a little searching to find the exact options. Type the name of your router + set static IP and you should find some helpful articles on Google.
Having set the static IP, we can now proceed to port forwarding.
- While still logged into the Default Gateway number, find the port forwarding section. If this option does not appear in settings, try the advanced settings. Have the help page of the router manufacturer open for support on terminology and steps to find port forwarding.
- Now that you have entered port forwarding, you have to enter the range of the ports you want to open in Start and End or Internal and External. For F1 2019 and 2020 the port ranges are:-
F1 2020 - PlayStation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
F1 2020 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
F1 2020 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Remember of fill the exact protocol – TCP or UDP under the Type of Service Type option. As there is option to open one port range at a time, do this multiple times until you add all the port ranges.
- The next step is to enter the static IP we created for the console and click enable or ok. Restart the console and router for the settings to apply.
- Check if the F1 2020 Error Code 1008H Online Services Error has been resolved.
That’s all we have in this guide, we hope your problem is fixed. If you have a more effective solution feel free to comment and share with others.