Madden 22 was released with a lot of bugs and glitches. It has to be one of the worst releases in the past few years in the Madden NFL series. The unfortunate situation is the bugs existed during the early access and have continued nearly three weeks into the game. One of the two most daunting issues with the game has been resolved or eased partially. The desync bug in franchise mode has had an update a few days back. But, the Madden 22 Face of the Franchise slow-motion glitch and hundreds of others continue to haunt players. Stick with this post and we will detail you about the bugs and any possible workaround.
List of Bugs Current Present in Madden NFL 22
Here is the complete list of all known bugs in the game. It’s likely we may have missed something as it’s not possible to track each and every bug, especially minor ones that affect few players. If we missed something please use the comment to expand the list.
- Face of the Franchise Slow Motion Bug
- Workaround – Simulate to the next week instead of completing the game when the bug occurs.
- WR mentorship Bug
- Xbox Series X Hard Crashes
- When in mid route you switch players (WR/CB)
- A kick hits the uprights every single time
- Face of the Franchise freeze
- Coach Firing glitch
- Random Kicks from EA Servers
- Breakout Scenarios don’t work
- Game goals don’t work
- Play diagrams not showing up in the play calling menu
- Playing yourself in FoF (PS5 tested only)
- White QB with brown legs (PS5 tested only)
- When out of bounds the clock keeps going
- When playing an actual player in an Online Franchise, desync error.
- When drafting, your positional grades are displayed wrong
- When creating an owner, the name screen glitches so sometimes you end up with no name
- sometimes a receiver will glitch and run directly backwards mid route
- When a 4th down conversion is attempted the CPU will still line up in punt formation
- FoF Avatar named “Generic Player” and is irreversible.
- “Safeties don’t safety during deep passes.”
- Gambler Broken
- “As they compete for a trip to Super Bowl 53 in Atlanta”
- No halftime adjustments
- defensive play calls on offense
- Blinding white light that makes the draft unplayable,
- Players teleport to different spots on the field
- Name input when playing as an owner in CFM (offline) shows up blank
- Can’t edit CPU generated draft classes?
- Sock height glitch.
- Various glitches with the face creation.
- Stuck with orange eyebrows for my FoF avatar
- Your player name not recognized in the intro (nameplate announcers say “Madden”).
- When in FF the announcers only refer to you as “Madden”, even if your name is corrected on the roster.
- Field randomly goes black in spots.
- Drafted by Jets with #2 overall in 2021 draft; Zach Wilson still on roster.
- Had a challenge to get “player returning from injury” into game. The player was supposed to be Corey Davis, challenge went to Crowder, Crowder didn’t get a single snap all game, Davis’s stats for the game didn’t count towards the challenge.
- The classic “disconnected from servers” every 20 minutes.
- CPU in a 2 minute drill will go no huddle, and once they are set on the line, then they take the timeout, wasting 10 seconds at the end of the game
- continues to shut off console when a game is played
- No CR gain in FoF
- no 5th year option for first round picks
- “Momentum Stealer” and “Under Control” Achievements/Trophies are bugged and cannot be unlocked
- The kicking meter disappeared along with audibles
- LT is listed twice on trade bar, cannot trade RT
- Jordan X’s cannot be put on players in Franchise mode or Create A Player
- Hands Completely Bugged
- Hybrid Uniforms
- Hold “X”/”A” to reorder
- Stuck on game load screen
- Kicked from EA Servers when simulating to next season
- Unable to sign free agents
- Scout and getting fired when the option is disabled
- CBs will not do anything on punt returns
- Lost Game Glitch (47-17 turns into 17-0)
- CPU fills roster
- Coach image on a player’s profile when on the injured list
- No Franchise outcomes are saved
- Franchise gave breakout scenario to injured player
- Missing X-Factors
- Coach coaching multiple teams
- Player gets taken out of the game with no easy way to put back in
- Cannot get player handiness correct
- Getting a position twice when scrolling through roster
- After a trade is done and another is attempted (without leaving the trade screen) not allowed to select own players as trade capital
- 80+ Ovr teams losing to 70+ Ovr teams. (According to original poster, has “never happened before”)
- General incompletion glitches
- Superhuman DBs
- Games at midnight
- CPU QB stat line always remains nearly exactly the same
- Bugged Commentary
- “You have already unlocked this collection”
- Draft Fog Affects
- Infinite staff points
- Player ratings slow to update
- Generally broken scenarios
- Ghost players
- Penalties not called
- Players with red glow
- Physics broken
- Skills Trainer freeze
- Hail Mary Slant glitch
- X-Factor showing as Superstar
- X-Factor losing abilities
- Pass Coverage visual feedback not working
- Madden 22 Crashing PC on boot
- Kicker/Punter stops before kicking ball
- MLB blitz even when should be on zone/man
- Weekly Training camera bug
- Players have purely white arms
- Can’t load into franchise mode
- Teams retain possession after fumbles
- Kyle Rudoph played 2 seasons with the Titans
- Momentum bar messed up
- YEET fumbles
- Players running out of bounds then catching a ball
- Crazy 3D animation
- Invisible tackles
- Frame rate issue
- Bears do not have 1rst round pick in 2021 EDIT: Actually more realistic than Madden has ever been
- Punts that pass the endzone count as a touchdown
- Games cannot be completed
- INFINITE DRIVE
- CPU decides to run with FB even if OVR is worse
- Quick Matchup games that won’t start count as losses
So, there are all the bugs that we currently know of. We intend to update each of the bugs with workaround or news from the devs, but for that, you need to comment with the bug you have encountered. Please do so and we will try to help you the best we can. Updating each of these bugs is not possible, so we need you to comment. Also, please include the bug number in your comments.
When I play franchise mode on my ps5 my controller turns inactive. It goes into the computer playing man to man on defense every play and I have no control over the person I am on. On offense it’s goes cpu as well the cpu controls my quarterback for about 5 seconds before I can make any movement. I know it’s sounds weird but has this happen to somebody else before ? Or can anyone tell me the cause of this glitch please ..
When playing franchise mode and I want to use offence only mode, leaving the defence to the computer, there is never any interceptions for the defence
In cloud franchise CPU punt returner doesn’t signal fair catch by waving arm but when you tackle it’s a penalty for hitting the returner.
Wind meter during kicking/punting is backwards
I can’t play in my online franchise for more than about 20 minutes before I get disconnected from the EA servers. Very frustrating
For certain teams when I try to kick or punt the kicking meter freezes for about 5 seconds. I met it unfreezes and then the ball gets kicked it goes either directly to the right or left.
When creating a new Owner when taking over all 32 teams it frezees the game please fix
Glitch #106 – On PC upon any hit stick tackle that makes contact the game may freeze for 3-5 seconds. I can confirm this to be true to others as I’ve asked other people and it affects them too. Not only that but this glitch wasn’t even in the game when it was released. They added a game-breaking glitch into the game after I bought it and still haven’t fixed it.
#43“Momentum Stealer” and “Under Control” Achievements/Trophies are bugged and cannot be unlocked.
Thanks for your time and hard work.
Hi Sorry, there is no known workaround or fix at the time. There is also no acknowledgment from the devs that we know of.