Rust is an amazing survival game with emphasis on surviving in the desert against nature, zombies, and other players. Recently, players are constantly getting an integrity error while playing and because of this error, players are not able to enjoy this game. This error comes up when the players are connecting to the game server. Many players are getting the error – “Disconnected: Integrity Error: Unknown file version: Bundles\shared\prefabs.bundle” while other players also receive the “Unknown EAC Error”. “EAC” error means “EasyAntiCheat’ that protects the game and other sincere players from hackers and cheaters.
One of the main reasons for this error is corrupted or missing game files on your computer that trigger such EAC disconnected error. Also, it can occur sometimes due to poor internet connection or even problems with the installed EAC certificate.
If you are the one who is facing the same error, this guide will be helpful to get rid of this error.
How to Fix Rust Integrity Error – “Disconnected integrity error unknown file version“
Here are several ways to solve how to fix Rust Integrity Error – Disconnected Integrity error unknown file version.
By verifying game files
Rust PC players can easily follow these steps to verify and repair the corrupted or missing game files. It is always recommended to repair your game files from the Steam client. To do so:
1. Open the Steam client and make sure that you are logged in using your valid account.
2. Next, click on Library and then Right-click on Rust from the list.
3. Click on Properties and select the Local Files tab.
4. Now, click on ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files.
5. Wait for some time and let the process complete. Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
Now check whether or not, the Integrity Error is fixed or not. In case you’re facing the same issue, you may perform the next solution.
By setting DNS to default
Make sure to turn on the UPnP settings on your modem’s admin panel. Login in the router’s admin panel using a web browser and go to the Advanced / Port Forwarding option and then ensure to enable the UPnP option.
Also, set the DNS settings to their default mode. To do this:
1. Click on the Network icon or Wi-Fi from the taskbar.
2. Then, click on ‘Network & Internet Settings and then click on Change adapter options.
3. Next, Right-click on the active internet adapter that you are using.
4. Select Properties > Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
6. Next, click on ‘Ok’ to save it and reboot your PC to apply changes.
Once done this process, you’ll no longer see Integrity Error in Rust.
By Installing EasyAntiCheat (EAC) Certificate
This is also one of the best solutions to get rid of disconnected integrity errors in Rust. First of all, make sure that you have enabled already the administrator permission for the Steam client, and then follow these instructions:
1. Open the Steam client and log into your valid account.
2. Go to Library and then Right-click on Rust from the list.
3. Go to Properties and then select the Local Files tab.
4. Select Browse Local Files and Next, right-click on the Rust.exe file.
5. Select the Open file location option from the menu.
6. Search for ‘EasyAntiCheat folder’ and open it.
7. Search for the .cer extension-based certificate files from the folder.
8. Here you will find a Certificate Import Installer.
9. Then, double-click on that file to open the Certificate Import Wizard.
10. Choose Local Machine from the Store Location option and then click on the Next button to continue.
11. Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of the certificate and click on Next.
12. Here follow step-by-step instructions until you see the Completing the Certificate Import Wizard message.
13. And then, finally click on the Finish button to complete this process and restart your PC.
Now check that the error is fixed or not.
That’s all for this guide on Fix Rust Integrity Error – Disconnected Integrity error unknown file version. Learn How to Fix Rust Easy Anti-Cheat Error 30001?