Creeper World 4 has released on steam and has a good review with a decent player base. However, some players are reporting that their PC crashes when playing CW4. The PC can crash due to a range of reasons, but if there is no BSOD, and notice, the possible cause could be an unstable driver, but that’s not the only cause of the error. Stick around with us and we will help you resolve the crash problem with Creeper World 4.
Fix PC Crashes When Playing Creeper World 4
One of the main reasons for abrupt crash and restart of PC when playing Creeper World 4 is an unstable graphics card. It can be caused due to a range of issues from high in-game graphics settings that overheating the GPU, outdated driver, or overclocking of the GPU. The primary suspect for issues such as these is the MSI Afterburner. If you have the software installed, disable it.
Then, update the graphics card driver. To perform the update, visit the official manufacturer website, download the driver, and perform a clean install. For NVidia users, you have the option in the software install interface. After updating the driver, suspend all applications running in the background except the essential Windows apps and then run the game. Here are the steps you can follow to achieve that.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
Check if the game still crashes, if it does, you need to do the following:
- Verify the Integrity of Game Files on Steam.
- Ensure that the PC is not overheating.
- Disable the onboard sound device from Device Manager.
- Remove the RAM from the socket, clean, and plug it again. If you have a spare RAM, use that.
We hope that the above solutions have resolved the PC crashes when playing Creeper World 4.