The error code BLZBNTBGS80000021 while playing games on Blizzard client – Battle.Net is often accompanies by a 4 digit code 3003, 3006, etc. This error mostly occurs when the server is down in your region. Hence, the first step to troubleshoot is check the status of the servers. You can do this by visiting the twitter handle of Blizzard or via websites such as Downdetector. If the error is isolated to you and not your region, you may want to try the below fixes to resolve the error.
Basic Troubleshooting to Fix Error Code BLZBNTBGS80000021
Fix 1: Ensure Your Internet Connection is Stable
The first fix you must try to resolve the error is ensure you have a stable internet connection. Try playing other online games and check the performance. Additionally, here are some best practices to maintain the health of connectivity while playing games and eliminate the Blizzard error code BLZBNTBGS80000021.
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in games.
- For Console Players clear the cache if you are on Xbox and PS4 players hard reset the console. Users on PC, reboot the system and try playing the game.
- Reset the internet router or modem
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Destiny 2.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
Fix 2: Terminate Unnecessary Applications
With so many Blizzard games, third-party software that forcefully inject themselves between operations cause crash in the game. Hence, we must suspend all unnecessary programs and then launch the game to resolve the error code BLZBNTBGS80000021. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- In General tab, uncheck Load startup items
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Click on Apply and OK.
Try launching the game, check if the error still occurs.
Fix 3: Renew IP and Flush DNS
Sometimes the network configuration can become corrupted which can cause disconnect, flushing the DNS and renewing IP fixes the problem. To perform this fix, we need to open the Command Prompt in admin mode and run some commands. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type cmd
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter and when prompted select Yes
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter
- Now type ipconfig /release and hit Enter
- Again, type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter
- Close Command Prompt and check if the error code BLZBNTBGS80000021 still occurs.
Fix 4: Update Drivers and OS
It’s a gamer’s modus operandi to keep the OS and the graphics card drivers updated to have the best experience in games and to avoid errors. As most games and new patches are built for the latest version of the Windows and drivers, updating them can fix the error code BLZBNTBGS80000021. Windows recently released the 2004 update, if you have not installed it, do it now. Nvidia and AMD both constantly release new updates for their driver software, the new updates address the bugs in the previous patch, so you should update those as well.
Fix 5: Reset Network Device
Reinitializing or resetting the router flushes out any old configuration that might be hampering the internet connectivity. The process is quite simple really. But, you would be surprised how effective it can be to resolve network connectivity problems. If I had a dime for every time this worked in resolving errors. To perform the process, disconnect power cord from the router/modem. Press and hold the power button on the device. Connect the power cord and restart normally. Wait for the device to start fully and connect to the system. Now try playing the game and check if the error occurs.
That’s all we have in this guide, hope you error BLZBNTBGS80000021 is resolved.