As part of the free game each week offer from Epic, Deponia: The Complete Journey is available for free on the Epic Games Store. The game released back in 2016 and is great, especially when you don’t pay for it. Nonetheless, when you launch a game you expect it to work. You have invested time and bandwidth downloading it. However, some players are reporting the Deponia: The Complete Journey crash at startup and game not launching. If you have encountered this issue, we have some solutions you can try.
How to Fix Deponia: The Complete Journey Crash at Startup and Game Not Launching
When it comes to games crashing and not launching, there are a range of contributing problems. We will try to cover the most obvious and those that have worked for other players.
- Verify the Game Files – If you are experiencing the crash, the problem could be corruption of game files. From the Epic Games Launcher – Library > Deponia: The Complete Journey > click on 3 dots near the title and select Verify. Check if the Deponia: The Complete Journey crash at startup or not launching problem still occurs.
- Run the Game and Launcher with Admin Permission – If the game executable does not have the admin permission, it can crash. Therefore, provide admin permission to the launcher as well as the game executable. Locate the .exe file of the game and launcher > right-click > select Properties > go to Compatibility tab > check Run this program as an administrator > Save the changes.
- Often when the Windows is outdated it can lead to programs crashing. Hence, ensure that you have the latest Windows update. With every new update, some of the old bugs are fixed.
- If the above solutions failed to resolve Deponia: The Complete Journey crash at startup, consider this fix. A problem such as corrupt or missing Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable can also be the reason behind the crash. Therefore, download and install the latest Visual C++ redistributable.
- Exiting the game from fullscreen mode and running it on windowed also eliminates the crash in some cases as the game consumes less resources. So, that’s something you can try.
- Another major area of concern is the graphics card. An outdated or corrupted driver software of the GPU will most definitely lead to a crash.
- The Discord overlay are known to act up games leading to crash, especially after the intro video. So, disable the overlays of the software to resolve the issue. In fact, if you are struggling with crashes, the best thing to do is perform a clean boot and try to run the software. Quite a number of third-party software are responsible for crashing the Deponia: The Complete Journey.
- Another cause of the crash can be the antivirus software. Disable it momentarily and launch the game. If the game works, you need to set an exception on the respective software.
Hope this guide was helpful and you have resolved the Deponia: The Complete Journey crash at startup or not launching problem. If you are experiencing problems like black screen, freezing, or need detailed steps for any of the above solutions, comment below. If you have a more working solution, feel free to drop them in the comment as well.