We are past the open beta of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and the response so far has been mixed. While some players enjoyed the new game, other prefer the earlier title Modern Warfare. But, a large number of players simply could not connect to the game servers and got the Black Ops Cold War Error Code Negative 345 Blazing Wolf.
The complete error message reads, “The Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit ‘COD status website’ Error Code: A.B.C,-,E.F.G…..Negative 345 Blazing Wolf.”
We can confirm that the error with the game is not a server problem but an issue at the client’s end, particularly your internet device. You internet router/modem is not set up correctly which is preventing the game from connecting with the servers, leading to the error code. Fortunately, there are proven solutions for the issue, but can be a grind depending on how tech proficient you are. We had seen a similar error with previous titles of the game such as Black Ops 4 and it seems to be the same issue with the current title. Scroll down to fix the error.
Fix Black Ops Cold War Error Code Negative 345 Blazing Wolf
We do not know about Xbox users, but so far there have been complains of the error from both PS4 and PC players, but that’s not to suggest Xbox players are immune to the error. As this is a general connectivity problem, it can occur with any device.
The simplest solution to the Black Ops Cold War Error Code Negative 345 Blazing Wolf is changing your ISP or the internet connection. However, it may not be possible for most people. In that case, you can simply create a hotspot on your mobile device and use that to connect to the internet and the game servers. For this to work, your mobile internet should offer reliable and consistent speed at par with the game’s recommendation or you may encounter another set of errors.
While the above fix can help a lot of people, they are not universal and may not apply to everyone. Some players also resolved the problem temporarily by disabling the router firewall, but this is not a fix that we recommend as it may put your system at risk.
Before we proceed to more proven and serious fixes, simply reset the router and restart the system. Try to play the game. If that does not work, you need to port forward in order to fix the error.
Port forwarding has proven to be the most effective solution to resolve the Error Code Negative 345 Blazing Wolf.
Quick Steps to Port Forward in Black Ops Cold War
Here are the quick steps you need to follow to port forward.
- Open your router’s IP address in a web browser.
- Look for port forwarding in the router settings.
- Enter the IP address of the PC or Console in the right field.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports in the right boxes. (scroll down to find the ports for your device)
- Reboot the router.
Here is a detailed guide to the above steps. If you have the necessary permissions, let’s proceed to port forwarding, but first we have to assign static IP for the Xbox and PlayStation.
Before assigning the static IP address, we need to find the IP address of your device. Let’s find and note down the IP address.
For Xbox One Users
- Push the menu button on the Xbox
- Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings
- Navigate to IP Address section and note down the IP Address and the MAC address.
For PlayStation Users
- Start the PlayStation 4 Console.
- From the main menu, go to Settings > Network > View Connection Status.
- Locate the IP address and MAC address and note it down.
Now that you have your IP address and the Mac address, we can set the static IP. Follow these steps to set the static IP.
- Open any browser and enter the Default Gateway number (IP address) provided by the ISP and log-in using your username and password.
- Navigate to settings and activate Enable Manual Assignment option. Under the Manual Assignment option, add the IP address and the MAC address of your console and click add.
- Remember though, the name and the settings can vary from one router to the other so you might have to do a little searching to find the exact options. Type the name of your router + set static IP and you should find some helpful articles.
Having set the static IP, we can now proceed to port forwarding.
- While still logged into the Default Gateway number, find the port remapping or port forwarding section. If this option does not appear in settings, try the advanced settings. Have the help page of the router manufacturer open for support on terminology and steps to find port forwarding.
- Now that you have entered port forwarding, you have to enter the range of the ports you want to open in Start and End or Internal and External. For Black Ops Cold War the port ranges include:
|PC & Windows |
Xbox Series X/S
Remember of fill the exact protocol – TCP or UDP under the Type of Service Type option. As there is option to open one port range at a time, do this multiple times until you add all the three port ranges.
- The next step is to enter the static IP we created for the console and click enable or ok. Restart the console and router for the settings to apply.
- Check if the Black Ops Cold War Error Code Negative 345 Blazing Wolf still occurs.
That’s all you need to do and hopefully the Black Ops Cold War Error Code Negative 345 Blazing Wolf is gone for good. If not, here is a link to Activation with more troubleshooting steps. Try them before you contact support because they will direct you through the same process.