There are various enemies to defeat in Chaos Gate, and some of them are quite hard to tackle if you don’t have the proper gear and squad formation. In this guide, we will see how to beat Kadex Ilkarion at the Usa’Rya in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters.
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters Boss Guide for Kadex at Usa’Rya
You will meet Kadex Ilkarion twice during your gameplay, once at Usa’Rya and another time at the Baleful Edict. Here we will see how to beat Kadex at Usa’Rya in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate.
Read More: Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters Boss Guide for Cruciatus the Generous
Kadex is an immortal Daemon Prince of all of Nurgle, and following him are hoards of Plague Marines who are out to kill you and your squad. Even though he is an optional boss, he can mess up your formation, later on, making the gameplay more difficult. It is best to take him down when you get the earliest chance.
Kadex has high health, with 36 HP, while having 0 in resistance, critical hits, and armor. His movement ranks at 3, so even though he may seem easy to beat on the outside, you will need to work on bringing his health down.
Kadex’s Attacks, Powers, Auto Abilities, and Passives
- Malefic Talon: Any adjacent Knight to Kadex will be dealt 3 Damage
- Bell Staff: Any Knight at Range 10 will be dealt 3 damage and Blind for 3 turns with Kadex’s staff. His staff also deals with Armor Pierce.
- Empowered Leap: AoE attack that launches Kadex in the air and lands within Range 10, applying Knockback on landing.
- Malignant Evolution: Any Knight at Range 10 will be fired at, and it can go up to Blast Area 4. It will deal 2 damage to any Knight hit, and will also have Hobbled applied on them for one turn.
- Cursed Bond: Any Knight within Range 14 will take 3 damage when Kadex takes a hit. This lasts one turn.
- Malign Teleportation: Any Knight within Range 14 will be teleported out of position.
- The Legion Never Dies: creates two portals that summons reinforcements. Takes place after 2 turns.
- Cloud of Flies: Any ally within Area 2 will take -2 Damage from all ranged attacks. Applies to Kadex also
- Foul Reflection: If attacked, will teleport to any random location. Kadex will also summon two clones of himself to take his place. Will be used once per turn.
Squad Formation and Abilities
- Justicar – Honor the Chapter
- Purgator – Astral Aim
- Interceptor – Hammerhand
- Apothecary – Warp Seed Biomancy
Stratagems and Equipment
- Gate of Infinity
Kadex can be inflicted by Enraged and Crazed. While Enraged can boost his attack power which can even bring down your tanks, Crazed will make Kadex attack his allies. You will need a strong team that has plenty of AP to spare and is adept in melee attacks. Interceptor’s Hammerhand can easily destroy Kadex’s clones if they appear under his Cloud of Flies, and you can use the Gate of Infinity to transport you and your team to the real Kadex. Quicksilver, Warp Speed and Honor the Chapter can lend you much-needed AP, which you can use on your Interceptor’s Force Strike or Hammerhand to cheese Kadex.
There is a hack to find out the real Kadex during his Cloud of Flies, and that is to save your game first. Then, fire at the first Kadex you come across. If it’s a clone, reload the game and try attacking his other clones till you find the real one.
In case Kadex does not die, use your other team members to shoot or melee him to bring his remainder health down. If he manages you escape, you will encounter him later on in the game.
That’s all there is to know about Kadex and how to beat him at Usa’Rya in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.