Wheelson is one of the two bosses you will encounter in the DMZ and if you are reading this article, you already know it’s a drone with automatic turret mounted on top. In many ways, the Wheelson is similar to the DMZ’s Juggernaut when we think of its attack abilities. You can easily identify the Wheelson even from afar by the blue light that its laser emits. You can find the drone on level three of the Building 21, which is the laboratory. It patrols the entire floor anticlockwise, all the time. A lot of players have had difficulty killing or destroying Wheelson. So, keep reading and we will share how to kill or destroy Wheelson in DMZ.
How to Kill or Destroy Wheelson in Warzone 2 DMZ
Killing the Wheelson in Warzone 2 DMZ is quite simply once you get the hang of it and have a strategy going forward. Before, you go ahead, ensure that you keep the following things in mind.
- Position yourself in a hallway where there are multiple routes. You don’t want to find yourself in a long hallway with nowhere to run once the Wheelson closes in.
- Carry Thermite and C4 as it deals damage for a longer period of time
- Ensure that you have unlocked both the insured slots so you can carry weapons with specific tuning. (Not necessary but good to have for the entire Building 21 encounters enclosing the second boss.)
- For the first slot, take a Bryson 890 with the Barrel and Muzzle tuned more towards range. You would want the 12 Shell Mag and Demo X50 Tactical Pump for guard and tuned for handling and fire rate. For the Stock, the Sawed Off Mod will serve you the best. For the second insured slot, take a Riot Shield.
- For a three man team, ensure that someone has an SMG, preferably the Fennec. TAQ-56 is another good weapon that another member of the team can have.
Strategy One to Kill Wheelson – Use Thermite
The first strategy is quite simply and relies heavily in the use of Thermite. Carry as many Termite on you and have one shielded with you for cover. Ensure that you are in a location where there are multiple routes and you are not caught in the hallway with the Wheelson. Land 3-4 Thermite, which will continue to deal damage to the Wheelson and maintain fire on the drone. Do this and the remote controlled robot will be destroyed in no time.
Strategy Two to Destroy Wheelson – Get Up and Close
The second way and probably the best way to kill the Wheelson is to use the Thermite and position yourself in such a way that you can get up and close to the drone. Once you get close to the drone, simply run in circles avoiding the turret while maintaining a steady fire. At least two people can do this at a time without taking damage from the bot. While the third member of the team can maintain the fire from a distance. Keep running in circlers avoiding the turret. Do ensure to take out other AIs before you attempt this.
Reward for Destroying Wheelson
There are several rewards that you can get for destroying the Wheelson. The most important of all the Black Access Card, which can only be obtain from the Wheelson. Other rewards include multiple Encrypted hard Drives and a bumper of XP.
- 2000 XP
- Lots of Encrypted Hard Drives
- Black Keycard
So, these are the various ways to beat the Wheelson in Warzone 2 DMZ and the rewards you can obtain for your efforts. There is another boss that spawn later in the Building 21 countdown – Velikan. Check the game category for guide on that.
Image Credit: Artstation