Genshin Impact is the new RPG open-world action title to be released this month. The game is free-to-play and supports a wide range of devices. If you are on PC and struggling with performance issues, here is a guide to improve the performance of Genshin Impact and fix FPS drop and stuttering with the game.
How to Improve Performance of Genshin Impact (Fix FPS and Stuttering Genshin Impact)
Here are a top 8 solutions to improve performance of Genshin Impact and boost the FPS.
Fix 1: Update the Graphics Card
It’s a gamer’s modus operandi to keep the graphics card and all the other software on the system updated. The graphics card in particular is important because it directly impacts your game performance. Nvidia and AMD both release updates for their driver fairly regularly. Go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer and check if a new driver is available or use GeForce Experience to check for the driver. Download and install the new drivers.
Fix 2: Change Nvidia Settings
In the next step to fix Genshin Impact Stuttering, FPS Drop, and Performance Issues, we will set the Nvidia for performance. Here are the steps.
- Right-click on Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Expand 3D Settings and click on Adjust image settings with preview
- Check Use my preference emphasizing: Quality (for users who have a powerful PC, you can allow the app to decide and select Let the 3D application decide)
- Drag the bar to Performance (there are three options Performance – Balanced – Quality)
- Click on Apply to implement the changes
- Next, go to the Manage 3D settings under 3D Settings
- Click on Program Settings and select Genshin Impact (if the game is not in the drop-down list, click Add, browse and add the game)
- Under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: choose High-performance NVIDIA processor
- Under 3. Specify the settings for this program, set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance, Antialiasing Mode to Off, Vertical Sync to Off, Set Frame Rate to 60 FPS, and Texture filtering Quality to High Performance.
- Apply the changes.
Fix 3: Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
If the game is set for full-screen optimization, it can lead to crash, not launching problem, and performance issue. As such you must disable the full-screen optimization. You can also provide the game with admin permission, often that’s another cause for these errors. As both settings are located at the same place, the procedure is simple and straightforward.
In order to perform the above two fixes, right-click on the desktop shortcut of the game or the install directory of the game and right-click on GenshinImpact.exe, select Properties. Now, go to the Compatibility tab and check Disable fullscreen optimization and Run this program as an administrator. Click Apply and Ok to save the changes.
Verify if the performance and FPS have improved in Genshin Impact.
Fix 4: Alter the Power Options in Window 10 to Fix Genshin Impact Stuttering, FPS Drop
For users who do not have an effective CPU cooler, you may want to skip this step as it would increase the CPU temperature by a few degrees. Without proper cooling, it may harm your system. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on the battery icon in the System Tray and drag the button to Best Performance
- Right-click on the battery icon and select Power Options
- Click on the Change plan settings link
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Locate Processor power management and click on the plus sign to expand
- Expand Minimum processor state and set it to 100%, next expand Maximum processor state and set it to 100%
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Fix 5: Configure Game Settings from the Registry
This fix will not just resolve your FPS drop, lag, and stuttering with Genshin Impact, but with all other games and applications. However, before you proceed do take a backup of the registry. Here are the steps:
- Type Regedit in the Windows Search tab and select Run as administrator
- Click on Files > Export. Name the backup and save it at your desired location
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > System > GameConfigStore
- From the right panel, double-click on GameDVR_Enabled
- Set the Value data to 0, Base as Hexadecimal and click OK
- Next, double-click on GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode
- Set the Value data as 2 and Base as Hexadecimal and click OK
- Go back and expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > PolicyManager > default > ApplicationManagement > AllowGameDVR
- From the right panel, double-click on value
- Delete 1 and set it to 0, click Ok and restart your computer.
Fix 6: Toggle Off the Game Mode on Window 10
Often times, the game mode that helps you capture and record game images and videos causes problems like FPS drop, and stuttering with games. Turn it off, it does not have much use unless you are recording a video. To turn it off, press Windows Key + I > Gaming > toggle Off the switch below record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.
Fix 7: Delete Temporary Files from Windows
Again, this is another general step to speed up the system and ultimately fix the Genshin Impact FPS drop, stuttering, and other performance problems. Here are the steps you can follow to clear the temporary files for PC.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing on Windows Key + R
- Type %temp% in the field and hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A and hit Delete (if you cannot delete some files, let them be and close the Window)
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type temp, hit Enter
- When prompted provide the permission. Delete everything in this folder as well.
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type prefetch, hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A to select everything and hit the Delete key (skip files that do not delete)
After you are done with the above three processes, empty the Recycle Bin.
Fix 8: Set Genshin Impact to High Priority
These settings are not permanent and you have to change the priority every time you launch the game. So, let’s go ahead the set Genshin Impact to high priority.
- Launch the game and minimize it by pressing Alt + Tab
- Open Task Manager > Details tab > locate GenshinImpact.exe
- Right-click on GenshinImpact.exe
- Go to Set Priority and select High.
That’s all we have in this short guide. Hope the Genshin Impact Stuttering, FPS Drop, and Performance Issues are fixed.