Released earlier this year in Japan, we finally have the Yakuza: Like a Dragon available for international players. The game is eight major release in the longstanding Yakuza series. An RPG combat with a strong back story, the game is developed by Sega. The game has a strong fan following, which saw the number of players surge on day-one to play the game, but a lot of players are reporting Yakuza: Like a Dragon crash at startup.
The system specs to play the game are not very demanding, which indicates the problem may lie somewhere else. Some of the key sys specs to keep in mind are : Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 | AMD FX-8350, Memory: 8 GB RAM, and Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB | AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB.
If you meet the requirements and the game still crashes to desktop, we can help you resolve the error. Scroll down for more.
Fix Yakuza: Like a Dragon Crash At Startup Or To Desktop and Game Not Launching
Crash at startup or the random crash in a games is the most irritating and difficult to diagnose problem because of the wide range of underlying cause. Day-one crash like with Yakuza: Like a Dragon can happen either due to a fault with the game or the client end. You must first find out where the problem lies.
Usually, crash at startup don’t occur due to a problem with the game, but keep a watch on the Steam Community of the game to check if there is such a problem. A problem with the game does not take long to resolve. However, if it’s the client’s fault, you will have to fix it on your end. Here are some of the solutions you can try to resolve the Yakuza: Like a Dragon crash at startup, crash to desktop or the game not launching.
Terminate Unnecessary Applications and Perform Clean Boot
With so many games, third-party software that forcefully inject themselves between operations cause crash in the game. Hence, the first thing we must do to resolve the Yakuza: Like a Dragon crashing on startup or failed to launch error is suspend all unnecessary programs and then launch the game. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
Try launching the game, check if the error still occurs.
Unplug the DualShock or Xbox Controller
Sometimes the controller can cause problems with the game, therefore, disable the controller and try using the keyboard and mouse. You can also unplug the controller, restart the system, and reconnect the controller. It may seem simple enough, but often that’s sufficient to resolve the crashing at startup problem with games.
Update the Graphics Drivers
Although an outdated graphics card driver causes the most crashes, you should keep all drivers and software updated on the system. This includes the OS, audio drivers, motherboards, processors, etc.
So, first update the graphics card drivers and check if Yakuza: Like a Dragon crashes on startup or in-game. Nvidia recently released Game Ready Driver. Here are the link to both Nvidia and AMD drivers you need.
Select your OS and other specs and download and install the software. If the problem persists, update everything from OS to audio drivers and check again.
Delete the Sega Folder and Verify Game Files
If the cache of the game is corrupted, it can lead to crash. Therefore, you need to delete the cache of the game and then verify the game files via Steam. This will replace the missing cache files on the system. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R, type %appdata%, click Ok.
- If you don’t see the Sega folder at this location, press Windows Key + I and type %LocalAppData%
- Locate and Delete the Sega folder
- Launch the Steam client
- From the LIBRARY, right-click on Yakuza: Like a Dragon and select Properties
- Go to LOCAL FILES and click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
Disable Steam Overlay
If the game crashes right after the intro video, the cause of the problem can be the Steam Overlay. This feature has been known to act up with some games. You can resolve the error by disabling the Steam Overlay. Launch Steam client. Click on Library and right-click on Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Select Properties and uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
Close Steam and check if the in-game crash or Yakuza: Like a Dragon crash at startup still occurs.
Disable or Remove GeForce Experience / MSI Afterburner
Sometimes third-party software can tune the GPU settings that does not pair with the game leading to the error. By simply disabling the software, you can resolve the errors. You can uninstall the programs to disable them or simply disable them from the Task Manager. Disable the programs via any method that suits you. Once done, try playing the game and check if the error still appears.
Remove Bad Sectors from the HHD
If you have bad sectors on your HDD, it could also be causing the crash. Although you could correct the corruption in the file system via CHKDSK on Command Prompt, here is a simple alternative.
- Right-click on C drive or the partition where you have installed the game and the launcher.
- Select Properties and go to Tools
- Click on Check and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Try playing the game.
- After the process completes, the window will auto-exit.
Now, try playing the game and check if Yakuza: Like a Dragon crashing error still occurs.
Installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl, hit Enter
- Locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, 2010, and 2015 Redistributable. Right-click on each program and select Uninstall
- Reboot the system and proceed to install all three Visual studio runtime
- Download and install the x64 versions of 2008, 2010, and 2015 by following the links (also ensure your OS is 64-bit).
- Restart the system.
Modify Discord Settings
The in-game overlay and the hardware acceleration of Discord is also known to cause crash in games. So, if you have the software installed and running disable the overlay and hardware acceleration. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Launch the Discord app and click on User Settings
- Click on Voice & Video in the left menu
- Locate Advanced by scrolling down and click
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc. and Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority
- Go to Overlay and disable it
- Go to Advanced anddisable Hardware Acceleration.
Set Launch Option on Steam for Windowed Mode
- Launch the Steam client
- Go to Libraries and locate Baldur’s Gate 3. Right-click on the game and select Properties
- Click on the General tab and click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS
- In the field type or paste -windowed –noborder
- Press Ok and exit
- Restart the system and check if the Yakuza: Like a Dragon crash at startup still occurs.
Turn Off the Antivirus or Windows Firewall
Another cause of theYakuza: Like a Dragoncrash at startup is your antivirus software. Therefore, disable the software and try to play the game. If the works, you need to whitelist the game as you cannot have the antivirus disabled for long. Here are the steps to whitelist the game in the respective antivirus software.
Windows Virus & Threat Protection
Windows Key + I > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Manage settings > Exclusions > Add or remove exclusions > Add an exclusion.
Kaspersky Internet Security
Home > Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Exclusions > Specify Trusted Applications > Add.
Home >> Settings > Components > Web Shield > Exceptions > Set the exception.
Home > Settings > General > Exclusions > Set the exclusion.
That’s all we have in this guide, hope the Yakuza: Like a Dragon crash at startup, not launching, and other problems with the game is resolved.