The Warhammer 40K Darktide is live now for those players who purchased this game early. The pre-order beta can be accessed for the next two weeks before its full release on November 30, 2022. But since the game is still in its early period, some bugs and issues are expected. Lately, many players are reporting they encounter an error. Whenever players try to launch the game, suddenly they get an error message saying ‘Something went wrong in the Shader Cache Builder process exit code 1’ error. If you are also experiencing the same error message and want to get rid of it, check out this guide and learn what you can do in this situation.
How to Fix Warhammer 40k Darktide Shader Cache Builder Process Exit Code 1
As the error indicates, the game is unable to build a Shader Cache during its launch which happens in most online games. But because of this error, the PC freezes and you can’t do anything beyond that. So, if you are wondering if there is any solution to fix the Cache builder process exit code 1’ error in Warhammer 40k Darktide, let’s check what you can do when this error triggers.
1. To resolve the error, one of the users has suggested deleting the Fatshark folder from your PC and you won’t see the “Cache builder process exit code 1’ error in Warhammer 40k Darktide. This folder is usually located at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming. Find the Fatshark folder, delete it, and then reboot your PC.
Once started, open up Steam and run the game. Steam will now create the ‘Fatshark’ folder and you will not encounter the error.
2. The next solution some users suggested is to update your drivers and then relaunch the game.
3. If that doesn’t work, try verifying the game files. To do so:
– Go to Steam Library
– Right-click on Warhammer 40K Darktide and click on Properties
– Select Local Files
– And click on Verify the Integrity of game files
– Once done, launch the game again and the error should be eliminated
So far, these are the only solutions you can try to fix the “Cache builder process exit code 1’ error in Warhammer 40k Darktide.