Total War: Rome Remastered is an age old game and seems to have received the same love it did when it first released. The game has stayed on the top 20 Steam games for weeks and now remains in the top 5. Thousands of players are enjoying the improved graphics and features of the remaster. However, there are some series issues with the game such as the game failing to launch. Other reported issues include Total War: Rome Remastered D3D11 Crash, DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG, and KERNEL32.dll.
In this post, we will help you resolve the specific errors with the game such as the issue with KERNEL32.dll, DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG, and the D3D11 crash.
Fix Total War: Rome Remastered D3D11 Crash, DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG
The error message users get is the “D3D11 graphics card is not responding and we cannot recover! Please restart the game and try again. (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG).” One of the most common causes for this error is an outdated graphics card driver. Hence, that’s the first thing you should address. When downloading the driver from your respective manufacturer, perform a clean boot.
If that does not fix the Total War: Rome Remastered DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, here are some things you can try.
- Go to NVIDIA Control Panel > 3D Settings > Set PhysX Configuaration. Configure it to maximize 3D performance and select the NVIDIA GPU.
- If you are overclocking the GPU using any software, stop the overclock as it’s one of the main causes for the error.
- Update the DirectX on your computer.
If none of the above solutions have helped to resolve the Total War: Rome Remastered D3D11 Crash and DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG, try locking the FPS at 60. A fluctuating FPS in the game can make the GPU instable leading to the error.
Fix Total War: Rome Remastered “Cannot find the entry point for the CreateFile2 procedure in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll”
Total War: Rome Remastered “Cannot find the entry point for the CreateFile2 procedure in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll” occurs when the KERNEL32.dll file is corrupted or missing. As such, there are various solutions you can try. While most users resort to replacing the specific DLL file, we do not suggest it due to security reasons. Here are the solutions you can try to fix the corrupt or missing the KERNEL32.dll.
- Run the SFC command to repair the corrupt or missing system files. Type SFC command on our website’s search and you should find the steps.
- You can also try running the CHKDSK utility on the hard drive to fix the error.
- Finally, if the above two fails, try running the DISM command. You can find the steps in the website search.
Hopefully, the above solutions have fixed the Total War: Rome Remastered D3D11 Crash, DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG, and KERNEL32.dll. If you have a better solution share them in the comments.