Rust is mostly error-free and a smooth experience for gamers because the game released several years back and the developers have had plenty of time to hammer any issue with the game. Although the game came out in late 2013, it’s risen to fame over the past month due to certain Streamers on Twitch. And while the game is mostly error-free, the Rust Easy Anti-Cheat error code 30001 has been bugging players. Easy Anti-Cheat is the software used by the game to combat cheaters, but is known to cause issue on PC when certain parameters of running it are not met. Stick with us and we will show you how to fix the 30001 error in Rust.
Fix Rust Easy Anti-Cheat Error 30001
Not just with the Rust Easy Anti-Cheat error 30001, most error with the software are caused when the antivirus or the Windows Defender on your system is blocking the software from performing certain actions. The first thing the Easy Anti-Cheat website suggests when you encounter any type of error is to ensure that the software is whitelisted on your security software.
Whitelist on the Antivirus
Depending on the antivirus you are using or the Windows Defender, you need to whitelist the software. The process varies slightly with different software. Here is how to Whitelist EasyAntiCheat on different antivirus software.
Windows Virus & Threat Protection
- Press Windows Key + I and select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Security, select Virus & Threat Protection
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, click on Manage settings
- Locate Exclusions by scrolling down, click on Add or remove exclusions
- Click on Add an exclusion and select Folder
- Browse and set exclusion for both EasyAntiCheat and Rust
Kaspersky Internet Security
- Home >> Settings >> Additional >> Threats and Exclusions >> Exclusions >> Specify Trusted Applications >> Add.
- Home >> Settings >> Components >> Web Shield >> Exceptions >> Set the exception.
- Home >> Settings >> General >> Exclusions >> Set the exclusion.
Repair Corrupt System Files
Another reason you could be seeing the Rust error code 30001 is due to one or more corrupted system files. You can fix that running the SFC command in Command Prompt. Launch command prompt in admin mode and run the command sfc/scannow. After completing the process, restart the system. You can also run the DISM command if the SFC fails to yield.
Get Latest Microsoft C++ Redistributable
Another cause of the Rust EasyAntiCheat Error 30001 could be the outdated or missing C++ Redistributable files. Therefore, you must download the fresh copy from the Microsoft website and install it. While downloading and installing get both the x86 and x64 version. If nothing has worked, it should resolve the error.
We hope that the above solutions have resolved the issue. If you have a better solution, let us know in the comments.