Roblox is a very popular online sandbox gaming platform for iOS and Windows created by David Baszucki and Erik Cassel. This gaming platform allows users to use their imagination and creativity to build and share their own created games. However, like other gaming platforms, Roblox also has multiple bugs and glitches including performance-related issues, and error codes 403, 273, and 503, among others. Adding to these issues, many players are now reporting that they are running into an error code 264. This particular error code comes with a message that reads – “Disconnected…The same account launched the game from a different device. Reconnect if you prefer to use this device. (Error Code: 264). If you are also receiving this error and looking for the best methods to fix this error, let’s find out in this guide.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 264 – Same Account Launched from Different Device Error
Error code 264 in Roblox often appears when players are logged into Roblox on multiple devices. But some other players are also reporting that they receive the same error message even if they play Roblox on a single device. Thankfully, there are a few workarounds you can try to fix the error code 264 in Roblox – The same account launched from a different device error.
1. Log Out from all Roblox Accounts
First of all, make sure to log out of all Roblox accounts from all devices you play the game. For this, simply go to Settings from the top-right of the Roblox and log out on a PC and then click on the “Logout” option. Once done, logging again and checking if the error is resolved.
2. Clearing Cache Files of Roblox
Roblox’s cache files are one of the reasons behind error code 264 – The same account launched from a different device issue. Therefore, try clearing cache files, and then the issue should be fixed. Follow these simple steps:
– Press Win + X to open up the Run dialogue box
– Type %temp%\Roblox and then click on Ok to open up the Roblox data folder
– Then select all or press Ctrl + A
– Press the Shift + Delete to delete the selected all data
– Next, click on Yes on the Delete Multiple Files windows
– Lastly, logout and log back in to your Roblox account
3. Make Sure the Game is Updated
The majority of issues and errors can be fixed by just updating your game to the latest version so try this generic workaround and check if the error code 264 is resolved in Roblox.
4. Erasing App Data
This type of error can be fixed by cleaning up or eliminating trash files. So, here are the steps to erase app data.
– Open up the Run dialogue box by pressing Win + R keys on your keyboard
– In the textbox, type %localappdata% and press enter
– Go to the Local app data folder >> Roblox folder
– And remove all files in that folder
– Once done, relaunch the Roblox and you are good to go
5. Flushing the DNS Cache
Flushing out the DNS cache should be your next move to fix Roblox error code 264.
– Open up the file search tool on your Windows
– Then, type cmd
– Select “Run as administrator” on your right side and launch Command Prompt
Type in “ipconfig /flushdns” and then hit Return
6. Reinstall Roblox
As a last resort, try uninstalling Roblox and then installing it again and the error should be fixed now.
That’s all you can try fixing Roblox error code 264 – The same account launched from a different device issue.