Does your PS5 Controller keep disconnecting and does not connect, turn on, or having syncing problems? Then you are here at the right place, as we have given a complete guide to fix these issues.
Sometimes, the DualSense indication flashes and tries to connect with the console, and sometimes the light of the controller does not turn on at all. Check out following causes and learn how to fix this error.
Why won’t your PS5 controller connect to the console?
If your PS5 DualSense controller is not working properly and doesn’t pair with the console at all, it may be due to one of the following things.
1. The controller is paired with another device.
2. Bluetooth signal interference.
3. PS5 firmware is out of date.
4. Unknown controller hardware malfunction.
5. Problems with the USB-C cable or port.
How to Fix PS5 controller keeps disconnecting and won’t connect, turn on, or sync error?
To fix the PS5 controller that keeps disconnecting and won’t connect, turn on, or sync error, you should try the following steps in order, until your controller starts working smoothly.
Step: 1 – Perform a soft reset
In this method, hold down the console’s power button for a few seconds or you can use another controller to turn it off in the system settings. It will clear the memory and will fix this issue.
Step: 2 – Update the system software
Make sure that your other controller is updated. To check for a system update, Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
If nothing works, do not worry! Try Factory Reset your PS5 Controller. Steps are given below:
Step: 3 – Factory reset your PS5 Controller
Following are the steps to fix PS5 controller keeps disconnecting and won’t connect, turn on, or sync error:
1. Restart the PS5 controller: There is a small hole on the backside of the DualSense controller. You can use a pen tip or a paper clip to press the button into the hole for 3 to 5 seconds.
2. Pair the controller to the PS5:Now connect the DualSense controller with the PS5 with the provided USB cable. (An alternative cable with a data carrier will also work).
3. Once it is paired, remove the USB cable.
4. And it’s done! once paired, the PS5 DualSense controller will be connected wirelessly.
Players also want to make sure the PS5 Controller is fully charged. If the controller only works well when it is connected with a USB cable.
That means, there are surely some issues with the battery of the controller and so it should be repaired. Do not worry! It is a common problem since you have been using it for many years and so its batteries are exhausted due to many charging cycles.
So, that’s how you can fix the PS5 controller that keeps disconnecting and won’t connect, turn on, or sync error easily!