If you have been playing Phasmophobia for a while, you know that the game is not perfect and rigged with bugs, but the sheer thrill of the game makes resolving any bug worthwhile. As the game is in early access and ongoing development, such error are expected. Some of the majors bugs with the game are voice chat not working, crash at launch, loading stuck, and the Phasmophobia Disconnected By Client Timeout. We have workaround for almost all the bugs in the game. With this particular bug, users face constant disconnection.
Although disconnecting from the game is a widespread problem, it seems to occur mostly for users who have already experienced it, while other players can play the game without an issue. When a friend in your group cannot play, it can be disheartening. Scroll further to learn more about the bug and what you can do about the disconnecting problem.
Fix Phasmophobia Disconnected By Client Timeout
Like so many other problems with the game, the Phasmophobia “Disconnected: disconectByClientTimeout” is another bug caused by the game servers. It started to occur more after the recent patch to the game, just like the loading screen stuck at 90% error. If you try to apply usual fixes like verifying the game files or installing the game, it will be useless. So, don’t waste your errors. Although most players may be experiencing it due to a server issue, there might be a problem at your end as well.
Hence, when you encounter the error, the first thing we should do is verify the internet connection and try resetting the router/modem, restart the game and try again. At the bottom of the article, we have shared a checklist to ensure you have the best connectivity to the game servers. But, before that, let’s have a look at some workaround for the issue.
Although these workarounds are not universal, neither are they a hundred percent proven, they may help your case. When you encounter the error, simply restart your system and the game, that should resolve the error under normal circumstances.
If the error persists, change the game servers from the Menu. Close the game, relaunch it and change the servers back to the original. Suppose, you are playing on the US server, change it to EU, restart the game completely. A PC boot may be ideal, then launch the game, change the servers back to the US, and play the game.
If you are using Discord, terminate it or any other program that may be interfering with the game. Launch the game and once you are in a match, you can start Discord. A Reddit user also suggested to not move players or camera until you are in a match. So, that’s something you may try.
Another possible cause of the error could be playing on the US server while being located somewhere else in the world, which is resulting in high ping. It could also be because of a VPN connection. Therefore, you must disconnect the VPN service and select the servers of your actual region.
The Phasmophobia “Disconnected: DisconnectByServerTimeout” can also be due to an internet problem. In that case, try resetting the Network. You can do this by typing Network Reset in the Windows Search near the start menu. Once you are at network reset, click on Reset Now. That should fix your problem.
If nothing has worked, check the servers of the game, just in case. And here are a bunch of other things to ensure the best connection to the game.
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in games.
- For PS4 Players, hard reset the console. Users on PC, reboot the system and try playing the game.
- Reset the internet router or modem
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Phasmophobia.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Ensure your NAT type is Open.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
We hope the Phasmophobia Disconnected By Client Timeout is resolved using the above solutions. If you have something better let us know in the comments.