Call of Duty Modern Warfare Campaign – One of the best linear FPS games of 2022 is finally out and players can now experience the great action ride with this latest installment. However, the launch of this game is not smooth as many players reported several issues with the game including freezing or won’t start, not launching, and much more. Adding to these issues, many players are now complaining that their game is not saving or the progress of their game is not saving. This is relatively one of the common issues and can occur due to multiple reasons. Thankfully, this issue can be resolved with some simple workarounds. Let’s find out how you can fix CoD Modern Warfare Campaign is not a saving issue.
Fixing Call of Duty Modern Warfare Campaign Not Saving, Game Progress Not Saving Issue
It is a very serious and annoying issue when your game progress doesn’t save. If you are facing the same issue, worry not as here we have covered some potential workarounds to try to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Campaign not saving, game progress not saving issues.
1. Allow the Game to Your Antivirus Program
Sometimes, the game interacting with Windows or Mac firewalls can cause problems. So, the only best solution is to add your game’s exe file to your antivirus program. Here is how you can do it:
1. Open up Windows Settings.
2. Click on “Privacy” (For Windows 11) & click on “Update & Security) (For Windows 10)
3. Then go to Windows Security >> Virus & threat protection.
4. Scroll down and click on “Manage ransomware protection” >> Click on “Allow an app through Controlled folder access” and click on “Yes” to allow.
5. Click on “Add an allowed app” and go to the folder where your game is installed. (The default path is: C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common).
6. Then open up the Call of Duty HQ folder and select the cod.exe file and click on “Open”.
7. Again click on “Add an allowed app” and add all .exe files from this folder.
8. Once added all .exe files, run the game again and you won’t face the game not saving issue.
If that doesn’t work, you can try the next method to fix the issue.
2. Allow Apps in Windows Defender Firewall
In this method, you need to add all the above exe files in Windows Defender Firewall. To do this:
1. Open up the Control Panel on your Windows.
2. Click on System and Security >> Windows Defender Firewall.
3. Next, click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
4. Now, click on “Change settings” on the top.
5. Click on “Allow another app…” and click on Browse.
6. Again click on all exe files one by one and click on “Open” to add them.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will work and you will be able to save your game files.
3. Disable Controlled Folder Access or Add the Game to Exception
If you have enabled the controlled folder access and the game is not added to the list of exceptions, it’s quite possible that it will fail to save. Here is how to allow the game through the controlled folder access.
- Press Windows Key + I and choose Update & Security
- Go to Virus & threat protection tab and at the bottom click on Manage ransomware protection.
- You can either disable the Controlled folder access completely or set an exception
- To set an exception, click on Allow an app through the Controlled folder access
- Browse and add the game to the list.