The Call of Duty Modern Warfare error “Your data is corrupt or unusable” occurs when the player tries to access the local or custom menu. The errors are mostly encountered by Xbox One and PS4 users. Currently, there is no fix suggested by Activation. They say they are still working on a fix; however, as we browsed through forums we encountered some fix that has successfully resolved the error.
We suspect the cause of this error is the cache on your console or some file errors. Before you attempt anything try restarting the console and it works like magic. Under most circumstances, a simple restart will resolve the error. However, if that fails, you can try some of our fixes as the error may be local and Activation cannot do much about it.
Fix 1: Verify Integrity of Game Files
As the error message indicates the problem is with the corruption of game files, the only logical step is to perform the Verify Integrity of Game Files if you are using Steam. Although this error is scarce for Steam users, if you encounter the problem, you can effectively resolve it by checking the game files for error. Here are the steps to follow.
- Launch the Steam client
- From the LIBRARY, right-click on DOOM Eternal and select Properties
- Go to LOCAL FILES and click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
Once the verification process ends, Steam will automatically download files if it detects a problem. After the process completes, check if “Your data is corrupt or unusable” error still arises.
Fix 2: Hard Reset the Console
Hard resetting removes the cache from the console and fixes minor issues occurring due to redundant files, corruption and overwritten temporary files. Follow the below steps to hard reset the console.
- Turn off the console normally
- Detach the power cords from the console
- Press and hold the power button for 10 second
- Reconnect the power cords and restart the console
- Now resume the activity and check if the error still occurs.
Fix 3: Clear Alternate MAC Address on Xbox One
If you are on Xbox One and you encounter the error “Your data is corrupt or unusable” when the game files are still downloading and installing (usually at 85%), you can resolve the error by clearing the Alternate MAC address. Although, we do not know exactly why this particular fix works; however, we can make an assumption. Clearing the Alternate MAC Address can resolve the error with your internet connectivity. The internet connection becomes idle or some other problems arise as you are downloading the game. Clearing the MAC address resolves the internet problem and allows you to resume download and install. A lot of users on various forums have resolved this particular error in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Here is how to clear the Alternate MAC Address on Xbox One.
- Press the Guide Button on the Xbox and select Settings
- Go to Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address under Change Settings
- Click on Clear and when prompted restart.
Now, try downloading and installing the patch. The error should have disappeared.
Fix 4: Remove Save Data on PS4
If nothing else has worked so far, removing the save game data may work the magic. Don’t worry you will not lose the game progress. You only need to delete the save game data and not the profile data. Here are the steps you can follow.
- From the PS4 Home Screen, go to Settings > Application Data Management
- Select the storage that applies – System Storage, Online Storage, or USB and select Delete
- Select Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Select All
- Now select Delete and give affirmative to confirm the decision.
Check if Call of Duty Modern Warfare “Your data is corrupt or unusable” error still occurs.
Read Other COD Content: