Battlefield 2042 is the 17th installment of the franchise and its beta version is released recently. Like other beta games, Battlefield 2042 also brings several technical issues and bugs. One of the recent issues faced by many players is the Outdated driver error for Nvidia or AMD. The error reads: “Please update your AMD Radeon driver. Detected AMD Radeon driver version 21.9. The required driver version is 21.20 or later”. That means, your driver is outdated and so you need to update it. If you are having the same error message and so can’t play the game, check out the following guide where we will talk about How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Outdated Driver Error for Nvidia or AMD.
How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Outdated Driver Error for Nvidia or AMD
The error message says – “Please update your AMD Radeon driver – Detected AMD Radeon driver version 21.9. The required driver version is 21.20 or later” – Which means, we need to update the driver. There are mainly two ways we can do that – One is to manually update and another is auto-update. Follow these steps to solve Outdated Driver Error in Battlefield 2042.
Fix 1 – Auto-Update Driver
For AMD Users
1. Go to the Start search bar, and type “Device Manager”
2. Then go to Display adapters and find out your AMD Radeon Graphics Card
3. Next, right-click on your graphics card and then select Update Driver
4. And then select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the on-screen instructions to update your driver automatically for AMD users.
If that does not fix the error, we suggest that you go to the manufacturer’s website and get the latest driver update for your GPU.
For NVIDIA Users
Use the GeForce Experience to get the latest driver update. We had this error when we first launched the game. Upon checking the GeForce Experience, there was a new driver update that we needed to perform. It was the same driver recommended in the error message.
That’s all for this guide on How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Outdated Driver Error for Nvidia or AMD.
Fix 2 – If you still get the error after Fix 1 – for AMD users
1. Go to the Windows search box on your desktop and type “Registry Editor” and then click on it. (If you get a pop-up message – Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click on “Yes”)
2. Then click on ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and expand the list, then go to System >> CurrentControlSet >> Control. Now scroll down and search for ‘Video’ and click on it.
3. In the Video folder, you will see several entries. Keep clicking on all these folders until you find a folder named ‘0000’. Then click on the folder 0000
4. After clicking on the 0000 folders, scroll down to your right window and find “ReleaseVersion” and double click on it. From this point, before we move further, it is important to have a backup copy of this file. So, just copy it value data and save it somewhere on your system. And then, move on to the next steps.
5. Since our error message reads – “Detected AMD Radeon driver version 21.9. The required driver version is 21.20 or later”. So, here we need to change a value here in the “Value Data” box. Instead of “9”, change it to “20” and then click on “Ok”. Once done, exit from “Registry Editor” and attempt to launch the game and the error should be fixed.