Every once in a while you can run into the Back 4 Blood ‘Unable to Initialize Steam API’ error. The error is not specific to B4B, it can occur in any game and is mostly caused when the game is not installed correctly. Other causes for the error include lack of permission, a glitch with the Steam client, firewall blocking the game, outdated graphics card driver, etc. In this post, we will have listed the solutions for the most obvious reasons that can lead to the error.
Back 4 Blood Unable To Initialize Steam API Fix
Currently, B4B is having a lot of problems with its anti-cheat conflicting with the anti-virus on the user’s computer. So to fix the B4B ‘Unable to Initialize Steam API’ error, we suggest that you first disable the third-party anti-virus on your computer and attempt to launch the game. If the fix was successful, whitelist the game.exe or even better the game folder in your antivirus software.
If you still get the error after the above step, force restarts the Steam client. Here is how to do it right.
- Open Task Manager from the Task Bar
- Go to Processes Tab if it’s not selected by default
- Select Primary Steam Client and click End Task
- Watch the Steam Application disappear from the Task Manager. If not, select the running application again and click End Task.
- Reboot the system and relaunch the game.
If force restarting the Steam client did not fix the problem, here is a list of things that can contribute to the error and the fix you can try.
- Run the Steam Client with Administrator Permission
- Update the GPU Drivers
- Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
- Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Reinstall the Steam Client.
That’s all we have in this guide. We hope that the Back 4 Blood Unable to Initialize Steam API error is fixed. If you have a solution we did not cover share them in the comments.