Where is the Steam Screenshot Folder?March 4, 2020
The Steam Client is an indispensable gaming apparatus for any gamer using PC. Not only does it allow you to play a wide range of games, but you can also take a screenshot of games while playing them. You only have to press F12 and the screenshot is taken, unless you have changed the default key. The screenshot taken can be downloaded and used as an image or shared with friends on social media. If you run a gaming platform, you can use the screenshot to make game guides, and much more. However, sometimes the users cannot locate the Steam screenshot folder.
There are two ways to locate the screenshot folder, either via the screenshot manager in Steam or on your hard drive. Both the methods are pretty easy and once you know where to locate them you may kick yourself for not finding it in the first place.
Steam provides you 1GB of space per account to store and share screenshots on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit.
Two Methods to Access the Steam Screenshot Folder
Method 1: Locate Stream Screenshot Folder through the Screenshot Manager
In this method, you can locate the screen folder via the Steam client. Have your system running and open the Steam client to access the screenshot folder. Here are the steps to follow.
- From the Steam client, click on View located at the top-right corner
- Go to Screenshots
- From the Screenshot Uploader, click on the Show dropdown list to select the specific Game screenshot. From here, you can either choose to locate the screenshots on the disk by clicking on SHOW ON DISK or choose to upload the images with a caption by selecting the image, filling the field Add a caption and click on UPLOAD. Follow the on-screen instructions and upload the image to your preferred social media. You can also select the specific images and choose to DELETE them permanently by clicking DELETE.
Method 2: Access through Hard Drive
You can also access the Steam screenshot folder directly on your hard drive. This is a simpler method. You can go to the location, copy the files and use it as you desire. Where are steam screenshots saved? They are located wherever you have installed the Steam client, by default its C drive.
Follow this path to locate the files.
C:/Program Files(x86)\Steam\userdata\<SteamAccountID>\7 or 760\remote\<app – ID>\screenshots.
If you have difficulty saving game updates from Steam and you are met with an error that says Steam Content File Located, you may want to refer to our guide.
How to Change the Screenshot Folder Location of Steam?
If you want to change the location of the Steam screenshot folder due to accessibility or some other reason you can do that easily. To change the location follow the below steps.
- As the first step in the process, locate and delete the ‘Remote’ folder. Follow this path to access the folder.
- After deleting the folder, open Command Prompt as an admin. You can open Command Prompt by typing Command Prompt in the Windows search tab and right-clicking on the Command Prompt and select Run as an administrator.
- Type the following command
mklink /D “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\AccountID\760\remote” “New Location”
Note: Remember to replace “New Location” with your preferred destination for the Steam Screenshot Folder.
- Hit enter and your screenshot folder for Steam has been relocated.
The gaming experience on Steam is extremely rewarding and exhilarating, even more so when you can take screenshots of the game and share it with your friends on the top social media. In this guide, we have helped you locate the screenshot folder in Steam and how you can relocate the folder to your preferred destination.