Ever since the launch of the Texas Chain-Saw Massacre, there have been numerous complaints of performance issues such as stuttering and fps drops. Fortunately, the latest update in the game addresses a lot of performance issues as well as a range of other bug fixes such as a bug with the voice chat, XP progression, and more. People also reported a lot of crashing. The new update has also patched a bunch of crashing issues. Here is the TCM Patch Notes – September 5th, 2023.
TCM Patch Notes Update 1.03 – September 5th, 2023
If you are starting the game after a while since launch and struggling to get a match or there is some other issue, make sure that automatic updates are on and you are on the latest version of the game.
Fixed: PC stuttering on Ultra graphics settings
– This fix resolves graphical issues when running the game on Ultra settings with appropriate hardware.
– This also fixes an issue causing FPS drops when attacking or grappling with opponents while running the game on Ultra settings with appropriate hardware.
Fixed: Voice chat not working in lobbies for party members
– This fix is for an issue where party members would lose voice chat functionality once in a lobby.
Fixed: XP Progression
– This fix resolves a UI issue that would appear to rank up after every match, despite not gaining the required XP to do so.
– This fix also resolves inaccurate XP and XP delays related to earning XP.
Fixed: Various Crashes and Freezes
– This includes a PS4 crash related to unlocking trophies.
– This also includes a fix for high level players experiencing a crash on the match results screen.
Changed: Key Rebinding
– We’ve added key rebinding to the PC version of the game.
Changed: Lobbies will now launch with 6 players
– This change should help lobbies get running smoother, quicker, and with less drops due to incomplete lobbies.
– Leatherface is STILL required for a match.
Changed: Quick Match Menu
– We’ve moved Quick Match to the top of the menu options when looking to join games.
– Quick Match will result in not only quicker matchmaking into a lobby, but also fuller lobbies.
Changed: PC Removed from Cross Play
– We are temporarily separating PC from the console player base in cross play while we continue to improve our anti-cheat tools and resources.
Tuning: EAC and Anti Cheat Improvements
– We have made several improvements to our anti-cheat and protection from additional cheat resources.
– We’ve also improved our tracking and logging for cheat detection and consistent future improvement.TheTexasChainSawMassacre