The Stellaris “Caelum” update patch notes are here. The game is now on version 3.9.3. With this patch, Paradox Interactive aims to give a new feel to the game. There is no new content, but a lot of balance, improvements, and fixes. Since the launch of the last patch, a lot of players have been complaining of issues, quite a number of them have been addressed in the Stellaris Update 3.9.3 “Caelum” Patch Notes. Here are the complete patch notes.
Stellaris Update 3.9.3 Patch Notes
If you are unable to launch the game, it could be due to the difference in server and client software versions. So, the first thing you should do before you play the game is to ensure that the update is installed and you are on the latest version. Here are the patch notes.
Do note, that the developers have revealed that the compatibility between the saved file of different versions is not guaranteed. So, it’s best that you backup the save before the installing the new update.
3.9.3 “Caelum” Patch Released
Please find the patch notes below.
- AI Empires are more likely to seek a federation if their rivals have federated.
- Federations (except for Hegemonies) now default to not permitting subject members.
- Having less than 50 Trust with an empire imposes a -100 Acceptance to them becoming your subject or overlord.
- Hydroponics Designation on habitats now swaps all jobs on the housing districts for farmers.
- Increased the importance of being more powerful than your vassal for loyalty purposes.
- Insulting someone decreases their Trust of you by 5.
- Rebalanced requirements for diplomatic treaties to require trust.
- Reduced how excited subjects get about things like shared sensors.
- Reduced the effect differing war philosophies has on federation acceptance.
- Removed the ability to trade favors.
- Replaced all +10% Districts on Habitats from technologies and traditions with +1 District on Habitats
- Replaced the upgrade habitat decisions with checks for habitat capital level instead.
- The Intimidation menace perk now allows you to ignore diplomatic requirements for proposing subjugation.
- The Pharma State civic now provides +1 Medical Worker job to capital buildings.
- The Unity from Rivals from the Animosity Diplomatic Stance has been reduced to 10 per rival.
- Trade Designation on habitats now has the housing district swap a clerk for a trader.
- Research, Energy and Mining District capacity on habitat complexes now have their own planetary features to clearly show the number of districts, current number of orbitals and maximum number of orbitals.
- The Crisis event chain will now use their bespoke event chain icon.
- Added is_scope_valid checks for anchorages.
- Fix to hiring events not being dismissed for other players in coop
- Fixed concept tooltips for starbase components.
- Fixed issue with nested tooltips and mouse tendency being incorrect when using UI scaling
- Fixed issue with some portraits being blurry on lower graphics settings due to mip levels being skipped. Disabled the functionality for portraits and related textures.
- Fixed the Node Culling gateway leading to an unlocalized string.
- Fixed Tiyanki occasionally not spawning correctly at the start of a Fruitful Partnership playthrough
- Massive Crater got its 25% pop growth back
- Restoring the Payback habitat when your homeworld is a moon now grants a minor orbital instead of a major orbital.
- Rewrote math for calculate tendency between mouse and nested tooltip window. This should fix issue with tooltips below and above mouse cursor behaving somewhat differently.
- Stopped interactions allowing multiple gaia-seeder buildings on a planet.
- The bonus provided by Eclipse from Enmity now correctly grants a 2% modifier instead of a 20% modifier.
- Updated the Eclipse tradition tooltip
- Updated the massive crater concept tooltip to accurately display the actual deposit.
- Certain AI personalities (Federation Builders, Spiritual Seekers, Migrating Flocks, and Peaceful Traders) are now 25x more likely to select Diplomacy traditions.
- The AI will no longer request to be subjugated by empires that are equivalent or weaker than them.
- The AI will no longer request to become the subject or overlord of another empire unless they have 50 Trust with the other party.
- The ship viewer’s zoom speed is now scaled to the ship’s size.
- Tooltips to select agendas now show the estimated time to launch the agenda, based off of your current agenda progress rate
- Trust between nations is now visible in the main diplomatic screen.
- When switching ships in the ship viewer, the zoom distance will now be preserved relative to the ship’s size.
- Added documentation for concepts.
- Added support for more object types in concept tooltips.
- Fixed gridbox left and top padding not working.
- Some objects’ auto-generated tooltips can now be shown as concept tooltips.
- Support building concept tooltips without valid scope.
- Calling non existing events should no longer crash the game.