Voice Chat is an important feature in co-op and multiplayer games. It allows you sync strategy with other members of the team, but often time’s gamers want to disable the voice chat for various reasons. Star Wars Battlefront 2 does not provide an in-game feature to disable microphone or voice chat. However, there are quite a few ways you can disable the chat yourself on your Windows computer. So, stick around and keep scrolling through the post and we will show you how to disable microphone or voice chat in Star Wars Battlefront 2.
How to Disable Microphone or Voice Chat in Star Wars Battlefront 2
There are two ways you can disable the voice chat in Star Wars Battlefront 2. Here the methods and their steps.
Disable Voice Chat from Origin Client
In the first method, you can reduce the microphone volume to minimum from the Origin client and set the Activation mode to Push-to-talk. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch the Origin client and click on Origin from the top-left corner.
- Choose Application Settings and go to the Voice tab.
- Drag the Microphone volume to minimum and set the Activation mode to Push-to-talk.
Disable In-game Microphone and Use Discord
This is a fix that worked for me personally. It disables the in-game microphone and you can use discord. But, you have to download a third-party software. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Follow the link to download VB-Audio.
- Install the x64.exe version of the software.
- Press Windows + I and select System.
- Go to Sound. From the right, click on the Sound Control Panel link.
- From the new window, go to Recording tab.
- Set CABLE Output as your default device.
- Right-click the second time and select Set as Default Communication Device.
- Now, launch the Discord application on your system and go to User Settings > Voice & Video.
- Under the INPUT DEVICE option, select your microphone. Do not select CABLE Output.
- If you are unable to hear any sound, select your output device in the sound settings instead of CABLE output.
That’s all we have in this guide, this should disable the microphone or voice chat in Star Wars Battlefront 2.