Splatoon 3 is an upcoming third-person shooter video game released by Nintendo and coming out exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. With the release date yet to be announced, players can choose from two options – Inklings or Octolings – when it comes down to their playable character. Each can use various weapon types, which all differ in abilities and imagery depending on their resemblance.
The upcoming sequel to one of Nintendo’s most popular titles will continue on with the same general gameplay mechanics we’ve seen before – except for some minor changes. This includes adding two new movement options called Squid Roll and Squid Surge. When these moves are used properly, it becomes easier to take out your opponents.
This guide will show how to Squid Surge in Splatoon 3.
How to do Squid Surge
Squid Surges are a great way to attack enemies from above. To perform a Squid Surge,
- Simply hold the ZL key to enter Swim Form.
- Now jump into ink on a wall.
- While in ink, hold the B key to charge up a jump.
- Your character will peek out of the ink when fully charged, and their eyes will flash.
- Release your grip on B, but continue to maintain your hold on ZL.
- Your character will rapidly ascend to the topmost point.
- Once they reach the apex or deplete their ink supply, they will be launched into the sky, and you’ll be able to start the squid surge immediately.
This is a great way to approach enemies who are in a higher position than you. You can take them by surprise and hit them with ink or a special attack. Before using this tactic in a game, practice it on one of the walls in the Training Room. This will help you learn how high up you need to be before attacking.
Are you excited about the release of Splatoon 3? We sure are! In this guide, we have covered everything you need to know about the squid surge in the game. Keep reading to our other guides and stay updated on all the latest information.
The long-awaited third installment in the Splatoon series is finally set to release on September 9th.