The Finals is the latest free-to-play combat game but players are encountering several issues and errors with the game including TFAV1012. While playing The Finals, many players are running into an error that says ‘System integrity violation error code TFAV1012’. According to reports, this error often comes every 20 to 30 minutes and sometimes, it occurs more frequently. Are you also running into the same error? Here in this guide, we are going to discuss the key reason for this error to occur. Besides, we have also covered all potential methods to resolve it.
How to Fix The Finals ‘System Integrity Violation Error Code – TFAV1012’
The error TFAV1012 is triggering in The Finals because EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat) flags modifications in hardware and doesn’t support alterations to the system configuration. Thankfully, here we show you all potential methods to fix it.
1. Rename Config Folders
The very first and most effective method to resolve error code TFAV1012 in The Finals is to rename the following folders.
By doing so, the program will create fresh configuration files, ensuring a clean slate while preserving the renamed ones in case of any complications. Well, before proceeding to this step, it is advisable to make note of your relevant settings, such as sensitivity, audio levels, etc. Once renamed, relaunch the game and the error should be fixed now.
2. Verify Whether Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled
Secure Boot is a feature that enables your PC to utilize trusted firmware from the manufacturer. However, it can sometimes interfere with the Easy Anti-Cheat system of The Finals, leading to the TFAV1012 Error Code. To check whether Secure Boot is enabled or disabled, here are the steps:
– Restart your PC.
– During the loading of the Motherboard’s Boot Screen, swiftly press F1, F2, or F12, depending on your specific motherboard manufacturer.
– Next, go to the Security, Boot, or Authentication Tab, as labeled by your motherboard manufacturer.
– Adjust the Secure Boot setting to either Enable or Disable, depending on its current status.
– Save the changes made and restart your PC.
3. Disabling Nvidia GeForce In-Game Overlay and Xbox Gaming Bar
Some players have managed to resolve this error simply by disabling Nvidia GeForce in-game overlay and Xbox Gaming bar. Here are the steps to do so:
Disabling NVIDIA GeForce In-Game Overlay:
– Right-click on the Nvidia system tray icon and select NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
– Log into your NVIDIA account.
– Click the Settings icon (gear) on the top right.
– In the GENERAL tab, turn off IN-GAME OVERLAY and exit.
Disabling The Xbox Game Bar Overlay:
To disable the Xbox Game Bar overlay, follow these steps using Windows PowerShell or Windows Terminal with administrative privileges:
– Type in the command “Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage” without the quote marks.
– The Xbox Game Bar Overlay is now deleted.
– Once done, relaunch the game and check if the error is resolved.
That’s it for this guide. Hopefully, one of these methods will help you fix The Finals ‘System integrity violation error code – TFAV1012’.
Read next: How to fix The Finals error code TFMR0002.