Saints Row, known for its over-the-top action and humor, can sometimes present technical challenges. One common issue reported by players is the white screen problem, preventing them from fully enjoying the game. In this article, we will explore various solutions to fix the Saints Row white screen issue.
How to Fix Saints Row White Screen Issue
The issue is currently reported by some users. There is no update from developers on this issue. Here are some simple steps to fix the white screen issue.
1. Run the Game as an Administrator
Running the game with administrator privileges can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and provide the necessary permissions for smooth operation. To do this:
- Right-click on the Saints Row game executable or shortcut.
- Choose “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
After running the game as an administrator, check if the white screen problem persists.
2. End Background Processes
Background processes on your system might interfere with the proper functioning of the game. Closing unnecessary applications and processes can free up system resources for Saints Row. Follow these steps:
Ctrl + Shift + Escto open the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the “Processes” tab.
- Identify and close any non-essential processes that might be using significant system resources.
After ending background processes, restart the game and check if the white screen issue is resolved.
3. Install the Latest Graphics Driver
Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can lead to various graphical issues, including white screen problems. Ensure that you have the latest graphics driver installed for your graphics card. Here’s how to update your graphics driver:
- Identify your graphics card model (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel).
- Visit the official website of the graphics card manufacturer.
- Download the latest driver for your specific graphics card model.
- Install the downloaded driver following the provided instructions.
After updating the graphics driver, launch Saints Row and see if the white screen issue persists.
4. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
Saints Row may rely on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables for proper execution. Outdated or missing redistributables can lead to white screen problems. Follow these steps to update them:
- Visit the official Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable download page.
- Download and install the latest redistributable packages.
- Restart your computer after installation.
Launching Saints Row after updating the redistributables can potentially resolve the white screen issue.
Verify Game Files
Open the Epic Games Launcher.Go to your game library. Find Saints Row, click on the three dots, and select “Verify.”
Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
Uninstall the Epic Games Launcher from your system. Download the latest version from the official Epic Games website. Install the launcher and log in to your account.
Ensure that your Epic Games Launcher is up to date by checking for updates. After troubleshooting the Epic Games launcher, launch Saints Row and check if the white screen issue is resolved.