Lately, many Roblox users are running into an ‘Authentication Failed’ error. The exact error message reads – “Authentication Failed: Error code: 0. An error was encountered during authentication. Please try again.” Well, there could be several reasons why you are seeing this error. Thankfully, here in this guide, we are going to discuss all the possible reasons and the solutions to fix it.
Fixing Roblox Error Code 0 ‘Authentication Failed Error’
There could be several reasons why you are encountering ‘Authentication failed error code 0’ in Roblox include:
– Server downtime
– Unstable internet connection
– Outdated Roblox application
– Outdated version of Windows
– Corrupted application data or cache in the browser
Thankfully, here we have covered all potential methods to fix this error. So, without any further ado, let’s find out how to fix the Roblox error code 0 ‘Authentication failed’ error.
1. Update Roblox App
First of all, make sure to update your Roblox application to the latest version available. You can do this through the application settings or by reinstalling the latest version from the official Roblox website.
2. Check the Current Server Status of Roblox
In case the main server of Roblox is experiencing any issues, it might cause several issues and errors including “Authentication failed error’ in Roblox. Click here and learn the different methods to check if is Roblox down. In case the server is down, the error might be resolved automatically once its services are back online.
3. Update Windows
Secondly, make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date by checking for and installing any pending updates through the Windows Update feature.
4. Clear Browser Cache
If the error persists, try clearing the browser cache and cookies related to Roblox. This can be done through the browser settings. For Chrome:
– On your computer, open Chrome.
– At the top right, click More.
– Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
– At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All Time.
– Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
– Click Clear data.
– Once done, open Roblox and check if the error is fixed.
5. Try Using Different Browser
In case that doesn’t work too, try using a different browser or reinstalling the current browser to ensure a fresh start.
6. Check Your Internet Connection
A poor or unstable internet connection can also cause this error so ensure your connection is fast and stable. You can try testing your internet connection for stability. If you have an unstable connection, try resetting your router/modem, connecting through a wired connection, or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
7. Change Your DNS Server
One of the reasons for this error on Roblox could be a problem with the DNS server. Changing the DNS server can help resolve the issue. To do this, follow the steps below:
– Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
– Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
– Right-click on your network connection and select Properties.
– Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
– Select “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter the following:
– Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
– Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
– Click OK to save the changes and close the window.
8. Using ipconfig Commands
If you suspect that an unstable internet connection might be causing issues with Roblox, you can use the ipconfig command to
troubleshoot and potentially resolve connectivity issues. Here’s how you can do it:
– Open the command prompt by pressing Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
– Type cmd and press Enter, or you can search for “Command Prompt” in the Start menu.
– In the Command Prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
This will release and renew your IP address, which can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.
– In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
- ipconfig /flushdns
Flushing the DNS cache can help in resolving domain name resolution issues.
9. Reinstall Roblox App
If none of these methods work, as a last resort, try uninstalling Roblox from your device and then reinstalling it. This will also ensure to fix any corrupted app files.
That’s all you can try fixing Roblox error code 0 ‘Authentication failed an error was encountered during authentication’.
Read next: How to fix Roblox error code E01.