Lately, many Palworld gamers are reporting that they are experiencing dedicated server settings not saving. Well, there could be several reasons why you are encountering this problem including: Incorrect file permissions, improper server configuration settings, insufficient storage space, and an outdated version of the game, among others.
Thankfully, this comprehensive guide has covered all potential methods to resolve this problem. In this guide, we will learn what factors cause Palworld’s ‘Dedicated server settings not saving’ error.
How to Fix Palworld Dedicated Server Settings Not Saving
Before you head to the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to check the available storage space on the server. If it is not sufficient, try freeing up more space or allocating more storage and check if this simple trick worked to resolve Palworld dedicated server settings not saving issue.
1. Close and Restart Dedicated Server
The very first solution to resolve the problem is to close and restart the dedicated server. This might trigger a save and protect your progress.
2. Transferring Local Save to Dedicated Server
If the above method doesn’t resolve the issue, try transferring the local save to a dedicated server. Below are the steps to do so:
– Turn off Steam Cloud save.
– Find the savegame folder with the most recent changes.
– Look for the backup folder and copy its contents.
– Paste the copied items into the save folder.
– Start the game, load your backup, do something, and exit.
– Turn on Steam Cloud again, launch the game, and choose to keep local files.
3. Utilizing Save Data Recovery System
Palworld features an advanced Save Data Recovery System specifically designed to address significant issues or bugs that could potentially disrupt your in-game advancement. In the event of encountering such challenges, leveraging this system enables you to recover your data from a backup.
4. Edit PalWorldSettings.ini File
The next workaround you can try is to edit the above file. This method ensures a smooth transition from server shutdown to reconfiguration and online availability, allowing players to easily find and join your Palworld server. Before beginning the process, ensure you have access to your game panel and have administrative privileges for server management.
– Access your game panel and initiate the server shutdown process.
– Go to the Configuration Files section and modify the Start.bat file, confirming that the Community Server option is activated.
– In the Configuration Files, edit the PalWorldSettings.ini file to assign a distinctive and appealing name to your server.
– Restart your server and patiently wait for a few minutes until it is fully online.
– Launch the Palworld game and proceed to the Join Multiplayer Game menu.
– Within the menu, select the Community Servers tab and utilize the top search box to locate your server by its designated name.
5. Reach Out Game’s Support Team
If you are still experiencing the same issues, reach out to the Palworld support team through the “Report Bugs & Issues” form in the game’s options and ask for further assistance.
That’s everything you can try fixing Palworld dedicated server settings not saving issues.