NBA 2K24 is a popular basketball game developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K. However, like many other online games, NBA 2K24 encounters various bugs and errors. Recently, many players are reporting that they are kicked out of the game randomly for no reason. This frustrating problem disrupts the overall gaming experience. Players are wondering and have no idea how to get rid of this issue. If you are one of them and looking for some solutions, this comprehensive guide will help you to resolve the problem.
How to Fix NBA 2K24 Randomly Kicked Out of Games
At the time of writing this guide, we have not come across any concrete reason behind this problem nor have even the developers said anything on this matter. Nevertheless, in this guide, we have covered a few potential methods to resolve this issue.
1. Check the Game’s Server Status
First and foremost, make sure the game’s server is up and operational. For this, you can visit the official website of NBA 2K24 or their official Twitter page @NBA2K.
In case the server is down due to scheduled maintenance or a sudden outage, then simply wait patiently. The problem will be resolved automatically once the servers are back online.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
In case your internet connection has any issues like slow or unstable, you might experience this issue. So, check your internet connection and make sure it is working fine. To troubleshoot the connection-related issues, you can try:
– Switching the connection from WiFi to Wired.
– Using any other WiFi connection if available.
– Resetting your router/modem.
3. Port Forwarding
The next workaround we suggest is to optimize your router settings. This can be done by forwarding the necessary ports for NBA 2K24. Refer to the game’s documentation or support resources to determine the required ports for a stable connection.
4. Run Network Troubleshooting
If the issue persists, try running network troubleshooting which can also be the best method to resolve the issue. For this, you can use built-in network diagnostic tools or reliable third-party software to identify and resolve any issues hindering NBA 2K24’s internet connectivity.
5. Updating Network Drivers
Updating network drivers is a crucial step as it helps to optimize your system’s connectivity performance, especially when playing online games like NBA 2K24. Network drivers serve as the communication link between your computer’s operating system and the network hardware like Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapters. Here are the steps to update your network drivers.
– Right-click on the Start menu and select “Device Manager” from the options.
– In Device Manager, expand the “Network adapters” section to reveal the installed network devices.
– Right-click on the network adapter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) you want to update and select “Update driver.”
– Opt for “Search automatically for updated driver software.” Windows will search online for the latest driver software and install it if available.
6. Make Sure NAT Type is Set to Open
NAT (Network Address Translation) type being set to “Open” is preferred for optimal connectivity and gameplay experience. Moderate or strict NAT types can lead to connectivity problems during gameplay. So, make sure that your NAT type is set to “Open.”
7. Minimizing Packet Loss and Latency
Sometimes, high packet loss or latency affects your connection and causes this problem. So, for a better gaming experience, it is advisable to minimize packet loss and latency. Below are several ways to minimize packet loss and latency.
– Connect your gaming device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable instead of relying on Wi-Fi.
– Shut down or limit applications and devices using bandwidth in the background.
– Access your router settings and enable Quality of Service (QoS) if available.
– Ensure that your router’s firmware is up-to-date.
– If necessary, you can try using a VPN connection for better stability and lower latency.
– When possible, choose game servers closest to your geographical location.
That’s everything you can try fixing NBA 2K24 randomly kicked out of games.