Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone continually progress within the franchise. Developers regularly introduce fresh content to the game through regular updates and patches, keeping the gaming experience dynamic and engaging. However, recently, many gamers are reporting that they are running into an error that reads – Fetching online profile’ due to which, they are unable to access and enjoy the game. If you are also running into the same error, this guide has covered all potential methods to resolve it.
How to Fix MW3 & Warzone Error ‘Fetching Online Profile’
Due to the ‘Fetching online profile’ error in MW3 and Warzone, the game is failing over and over again. Thankfully, there are several workarounds you can try to resolve this error.
1. Check the Current Server Status
Before you try any following troubleshooting steps, make sure to check the current server status of MW3 or Warzone. Sometimes, during significant updates or new seasons, Warzone or MW3 might experience server issues. If the servers are reported as problematic, then it is advisable to wait for a fix. The error will be eliminated automatically once the services are back online.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
Your poor or unstable internet connection can cause a ‘Fetching online profile’ error in MW3 or Warzone. If your internet connection has any issues, you can try:
– Restarting and/or resetting your router/modem.
– Using any other WiFi connection if available.
– Switching the connection from WiFi to Wired for a more stable and reliable connection.
3. Update the Game
It is always advisable to keep your game updated to the latest version as developers often release new updates and patches to the game to fix several bugs. Simply update your game and check if the error is resolved.
4. Change DNS Servers
One of the easiest ways to fix the error “Fetching online profile’ is by changing the default DNS server to Google DNS. To do this, follow these steps:
– Press the Windows key + X, then click on the Control Panel.
– Click on Network and Sharing Center.
– Click on Change adapter settings.
– Right-click on your network adapter and click on Properties.
– Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
– Select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter 188.8.131.52 as the preferred DNS server and 184.108.40.206 as the alternate DNS server.
– Click OK to save the changes.
That’s everything you can try fixing MW3 and Warzone error ‘Fetching online profile’.
Read next: How to fix MW3 shaders preloading error.