Mortal Kombat 1 is the latest addition to the extremely popular fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Games. This is the 12th main entry in the Mortal Kombat series after the Mortal Kombat 11. Players can now enjoy this title across various gaming platforms, including PC, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, and Series S. However, the standard edition of the game will come out on September 19 but players can explore the content from September 14 in early access. Sadly, some unfortunate players are unable to play the early access of Mortal Kombat 1. If you are also experiencing the same issue, check out this guide and learn how you can fix it.
How to Fix Mortal Kombat 1 Early Access Not Working
For multiple reasons, many players are currently reporting that they are unable to play Mortal Kombat 1 early access. But worry not and check out this guide. Here we will walk you through all potential methods to fix this issue.
1. Check System Requirements
First of all, make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements to play Mortal Kombat 1 smoothly on your device. In case your PC is not powerful enough to play massive online games like Mortal Kombat 1, you won’t be able to play early access to the game.
2. Restart your Device (PC or Console)
Many players have managed to resolve this issue simply by restarting their gaming devices like PC or Console. If you are experiencing this issue on your PC, simply restart Steam and your PC. For the console, if a simple restart doesn’t help to fix the problem, try power cycling your console. The steps are pretty simple.
– Press and hold the power button until the console shuts down completely.
– Unplug the power cable
– Wait for about 10 to 15 seconds.
– Plug in the cable again.
– Turn on the console.
3. Disable Your Firewall and Antivirus Program
Sometimes, your security program can also interfere with game connections. So, try disabling your firewall and antivirus program temporarily or configure your security program to allow Mortal Kombat 1 early access to communicate with the game servers.
Most probably, the issue should be fixed by now. If not, make sure to go through the below generic workarounds and check if any of these methods work.
4. Make sure your internet connection is fast and stable. A poor and unstable connection can cause a lot of issues including Mortal Kombat 1 early access not working problems.
5. Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause issues with games. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your GPU.
6. If you are playing MK1 on your PC, you can verify the integrity of the game files. This will fix any corrupted or missing game files. To do this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify integrity of game files. Once the scanning is done, relaunch the game.
That’s all you can try fixing Mortal Kombat 1 early access not working issue.