Enshrouded – The latest survival, crafting, and action role-playing game is out now on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. However, some unfortunate players are running into multiple bugs and errors due to which they cannot enjoy the game to the fullest. One of the recent errors faced by many Enshrouded gamers is the VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST Vulkan Device Lost On PC.
This particular error indicates that the graphics device has encountered an issue and is no longer accessible. This error can occur for various reasons, such as hardware failure, driver issues, or an application error. Are you also running into the same error? Stick to this guide and learn all potential methods to resolve it.
How to Fix Enshrouded Error VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST Vulkan Device Lost On PC
The VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST (Vulkan Device Lost) error keeps kicking players out from the Enshrouded which is quite frustrating. Thankfully, we have come across a few potential methods to resolve it.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
First of all, make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your GPU. If not, visit the official website of your GPU manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) to download and install the latest drivers.
2. Update Vulkan Runtime Libraries
Secondly, make sure that your Vulkan runtime libraries are up to date. Vulkan is often bundled with graphics drivers, so updating your graphics drivers should also update Vulkan.
3. Run the Game on Dedicated Graphics Card
Next, try running the game on the dedicated graphics card. If you have no idea how to do it, follow these steps:
– For NVIDIA GPUs: Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to “Manage 3D settings,” and set the preferred graphics processor to the dedicated GPU for the specific game/application.
– For AMD GPUs: Open the AMD Radeon Settings, go to “Gaming,” and configure the graphics settings for the specific game/application to use the dedicated GPU.
4. Roll Back Graphics Driver to Older Versions
If you are experiencing issues after updating your graphics driver, you can try rolling back to a previous version. For this, you can visit the official website of your graphics drivers and get the older version.
5. Update Windows
Ensure that your operating system is up to date. For this:
– Open “Settings” from the Start menu.
– Then, go to Update & Security >> Windows Update >> Check for updates.
– Install any available updates.
6. Repair Game Files
Any missing or corrupted game files can also cause this problem so try verifying the integrity of game files. Here are the steps to do so:
– Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify Integrity of Game Files.
– Once the scanning is done, relaunch the game.
7. Run the Game as an Administrator from the Game Installation Folder
Go to the folder where the game is installed on your PC and then right-click on the game’s executable file (.exe file) and then select “Run as administrator.”
8. Delete the Save Game Files
Warning: This step will result in the loss of all game progress.
Here are the steps to delete and save game files. Go to the folder where the game saves its files. This is typically in the game’s installation directory or a Documents subfolder. Delete or move the saved game files and then relaunch the game.
9. Allow the Game in the Antivirus Program and Windows Security
If the error persists, try allowing the game in your antivirus program and Windows security. Here are the steps to do so:
– Antivirus Program: Check your antivirus software’s documentation for instructions on how to add an exception or whitelist a program.
– Windows Security:
– Open Windows Security from the Start menu.
– Go to “Virus & Threat Protection.”
– Under “Virus & Threat Protection Settings,” click on “Manage Settings.”
– Add the game’s executable to the exclusions list.
10. Install Visual C++ Redistributable Files
By installing the necessary Visual C++ Redistributable files, you ensure that your system has the required runtime components for applications that use Microsoft Visual C++ libraries. This can often resolve compatibility issues and prevent errors in Enshrouded, including VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST, that may be related to missing or outdated runtime components. For this: Visit this link > https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 and install the files.
11. Increase Virtual Memory
Increasing virtual memory can also be a helpful solution for addressing certain issues including the above error in Enshrouded. Click here and know how to do this.
12. Reinstall the Game
If all methods fail to resolve the error, your last resort is to uninstall the game from your device and then reinstall it. This will also ensure to fix any corrupted game files.
That’s it for this guide on how to fix Enshrouded error – “VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST (Vulkan Device Lost) error”.
Read next: How to get more bones fast in Enshrouded.