Cyberpunk 2077, the highly anticipated open-world RPG, faced its fair share of technical issues upon release. Among these problems, the screen shaking issue stands out as one of the most frustrating experiences for players. This issue can disrupt gameplay and immersion, making it crucial to find a solution. In this article, we will explore various methods to fix the screen-shaking problem in Cyberpunk 2077 and provide step-by-step instructions on how to implement them.
How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Screen Shaking Issue
The screen shaking issue is currently faced by a lot of users, the cause of the issue is not sure. There are a few methods to fix this issue. Here are some solutions to fix screen shaking issue in Cyberpunk 2077.
Immediate Save and Exit
One of the methods that some players have reported success with involves a quick reaction during a specific moment in the game. Follow these steps to attempt this fix:
- Pay Attention to Johnny’s Interaction: The screen shaking issue often occurs during interactions with Johnny Silverhand. Keep an eye out for any signs of screen shaking.
- Save and Exit Promptly: As soon as you notice the screen shaking, save your game and exit Cyberpunk 2077. This should be done right after the interaction with Johnny, where the static stops just before the glitch can happen.
- Reload Your Saved Game: After exiting, reopen the game and load the saved file. Check if the screen shaking issue persists. Some players have reported that this method successfully prevents the glitch from occurring.
Use a Higher Screen Refresh Rate
Screen refresh rate can significantly impact your gaming experience. If you’re encountering the screen shaking issue, it might be related to your monitor’s refresh rate. Follow these steps to adjust your settings:
- Right-click on Desktop: Start by right-clicking on your computer’s desktop.
- Display Settings: Select “Display settings” from the context menu.
- Advanced Display Settings: Scroll down and click on “Advanced display settings.”
- Refresh Rate: In the “Refresh rate” drop-down menu, select the highest available rate for your monitor. Most monitors support at least 60Hz, but if you have a higher refresh rate monitor (e.g., 120Hz or 144Hz), choose that option.
- Apply and Save: Click “Apply” to save the changes. Confirm the new refresh rate when prompted. Check if the screen shaking issue is resolved while playing Cyberpunk 2077.
Update Graphics Card Drivers
Outdated or incompatible graphics card drivers can cause various performance issues, including screen shaking problems. To update your graphics card drivers, follow these steps:
- Open Device Manager: Press “Windows + X” and select “Device Manager” from the menu.
- Expand Display Adapters: Double-click on “Display adapters” to expand the category.
- Update Driver Software: Right-click on your graphics card, and select “Update driver.”
- Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software: Choose the option that allows Windows to search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow On-Screen Instructions: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver update process. Restart your computer if prompted.
Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
Fullscreen optimizations in Windows can sometimes interfere with how games like Cyberpunk 2077 run. To disable them, follow these steps:
- Locate Cyberpunk 2077 Executable: Right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 desktop shortcut or the game’s main executable file and select “Properties.”
- Compatibility Tab: Go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Disable Fullscreen Optimizations: Check the box that says “Disable fullscreen optimizations.”
- Apply and OK: Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
Complete Specific In-Game Quests
Some players have reported that completing certain in-game quests can resolve the screen shaking issue. Here’s a step-by-step guide to complete these quests:
- Quests to Complete: Two quests to focus on are “I Can See Clearly” and “Spray Paint.” These quests can be obtained from Brendan, a vending machine near Megabuilding H8.
- Talk to Brendan: Find Brendan near the tech and engage in conversation until he starts repeating himself.
- Fast Travel and Skip Time: After Brendan starts repeating himself, fast travel to another location and skip 24 hours in-game time.
- Return to Brendan: Go back to Brendan, and you should either be able to talk to him again or interact with a dumpster (ensure you meet the body requirement to move the dumpster, which is likely 6).
- Fast Travel and Skip Time Again: Once that is done, fast travel to another location and skip 24 hours once more.
- Complete the Quest: Return to Brendan, and you should see him talking to a character named Theo. Complete the dialogue with Theo.
- Repeat Fast Travel and Skip Time: After finishing the dialogue, fast travel once again and skip time.
- Resolve the Tagger: Return to Brendan, and you will encounter someone trying to tag him. Take action against this tagger, which should resolve both the quest and the screen shaking bug.
The screen shaking issue in Cyberpunk 2077 can be frustrating, but there are several methods to try and resolve it