The fantasy realm of the Ancient Gods and formidable enemies that it offers in “Lords of the Fallen” continues to evolve and improve. As we embark on a new week, the development team behind this action-packed role-playing game has unveiled a brand new patch that promises to enhance the overall experience for players. This patch, labeled v.1.1.195, brings a series of crucial changes and fixes to the game, aiming to address various issues and improve gameplay balance.
Lords of the Fallen Update v.1.1.195 Patch Notes
The patch was released on 18 October 2023 and according to developers this patch will fix some common issues faced by users and will improve overall gameplay. Here are all patch notes for Update v.1.1.203.
Today has been a good day. Our bug kill count has reached its highest to date, thanks to your support via Sentry.
Additionally, we have begun to implement more substantial performance improvements. This is aimed at freeing up VRAM to provide additional headroom for GPUs that are operating at the limit of their capabilities. This process is taking some time because we are committed to ensuring that you do not lose any quality.
You guys keep exploring Mournstead. We keep pushing hefty updates for you.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when an NPC was talking, under very specific conditions.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen when enemies were targeting players when using some of their abilities.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when interacting with certain in-game elements.
- Fixed a crash that could happen with some Niagara particles that left a trail behind them.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when running out of ammo and trying to perform an action that consumes ammo.
- Fixed a rare crash related to player spawning in multiplayer by the host when the client is still not fully ready.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when resurrecting at an anchor.
- Fixed a crash when being invaded by a player who happens to lose connection at the right frame.
- Moved 2 parameters from local saves to settings save to provide more configurable options to GeForce Experience.
- Adjusted Soulflay texture sizes and materials to make them easier for the GPU to handle VRM-wise.
- Reworked some UI elements to free up memory.
- Reduced memory allocation for environment interaction to free up approximately 16MBs of memory.
- Anchor images are now loaded only when interacting with vestiges.
- Fixed several textures used throughout the game to reduce VRAM consumption by approximately 10MBs.
- Crimson Rector’s parasites will no longer trigger heavy reactions on the player.
- Sparky has received some additional lines of dialogue.
- Balancing adjustments have been made for NG+ bosses and regions, especially in the almost end-game stages of NG+. We felt we were too enthusiastic and the previous curve was too steep.
- Molhu has decided to reduce the price of seeds in his store from 2,500 vigor to 1,200 vigor.
- Fixed player behavior during interactions with NPCs and vendor screens, which could lead to weird orientations.
- Modified Vestige interactions to allow camera movement while interacting with the vestige.
- Fixed a small collision bump that could cause AIs to get stuck near Agatha’s vestige.
- Fixed a missing Umbral navmesh in Pilgrim’s Perch East section that would make umbral inhabitants stop pursuing players.
- Fixed a small ground issue at Skyrest bridge.
- Umbral nail attack from a secret boss has been optimized for AMD cards.
- Adjusted banners FX angle that could sometimes be rotated too much.
- Reworked both poison and Umbral mists to look better, addressing issues with pixelization observed on some streams.
- Optimized Barrage of Echoes spell.
- Steps VFX now disappear when off-screen instead of being frozen but still calculated.
- Improved the Lightreaper jump attack particles to make it even more spectacular.
- Fixed skinning issues for the sword of a very important person.
- Crossbowmen now have more noticeable and persistent arrow trails for increased visibility and directionality.
- Modified the maximum length for online session passwords to 8 characters, as players typically use 4-6 character words.
- Added additional sounds to the splash screen.
- Now, if you equip ammo or a spell that cannot be used, the (X) button is also displayed in the widget.
- Fixed a bug where the character name pop-up couldn’t be closed with the gamepad when spamming (A) or (B) while opening it.
- Reverted the “any button shows (A) to skip” in cinematics, as it wasn’t working well on some devices.
3D Photo Mode
- Fixed an issue where the camera of a saved 3D scene in 3D Photo Mode could be in the wrong position, adding failsafes to prevent this from happening.
- Fixed a bug where the state of doors (opened/closed) and a few other interactables was not being saved in the 3D photo.
Note: We are Trying to Find Info on Xbox, PS5, and Epic. If you got an update, please let us know, it will help us discover the patch notes
Major AMD GPUs FixFixed multiple GPU crashes on AMD cards by skipping Niagara compute shader dispatches when the thread count exceeds what is supported by the hardware.
This update should resolve the majority of crashes reported in Sentry, as over 30% of them were caused by this issue in the communication between the drivers and DirectX12.
Sentry Reported Issues
- Fixed a crash that could occur when interacting with an NPC character, especially when the NPC character actor was not ready.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the inventory and an item is removed from it when filtering the categories (DLC items that no longer exist in the player’s inventory).
- Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to set the description of an item that no longer exists (DLC items that no longer exist in the player’s inventory).
- Fixed a crash that occurred when soulflaying certain entities.
- Fixed a crash by clearing a C++ timer for the fog gates.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to determine which ammo slot was selected without having a valid inventory component.
- Fixed a very rare crash that could occur when picking up an item if the item disappeared while playing the montage.
- Added a check to ensure that we have a player pawn on the client before attempting to disable interactions.
- Ensured that the payload in the trigger event is correct and ended the ability otherwise.
After hearing the community feedback and observing numerous hours of PVP and PVE matches, we’ve identified certain matchmaking timing issues that result in “can’t connect” messages. Additionally, matchmaking with high pings has been causing annoying rubber-banding. In response, we’ve made several adjustments to the rules we use for player matchmaking. We now prioritize finding players with a good ping over connecting quickly. As a result, instead of almost instant connections to other players, it may take a few minutes at most, but a better ping connection with the opponent will be established. We believe this will lead to a better overall experience.
- Adjusted multiplayer timings and pings to prioritize establishing a strong connection between players rather than reducing matchmaking times.
- Disabled the Orian Protector feature temporarily to rework it with a more engaging gameplay loop. Previously, Orian Protectors would join a player being invaded to assist in the fight. However, this caused confusion among players and was reported as a bug multiple times. We are revisiting this feature to enhance its functionality.
We plan to reintroduce Crossplay to the online experience once we’ve gathered sufficient data from both PVE and PVP and have ensured its stability.
- The price of the Flame Funnel spell in the Remembrance store has been adjusted.
- The social shrine goals are being adjusted based on player progression and forecasts.
- Fixing buyable items in the shrines that were missing the skipinventory bool being set to true.
- Fixed the Soulflay attack to prevent falling from a ledge when taking a step back just after using it.
- Fixed the incorrect orientation of the player while interacting with NPCs and attempting to move around.
- Updated the “Retrieve Vigor” animation to be faster, interruptible more quickly, and added invincibility frames (iframes) until the Vigor is retrieved.
- Tweaked the “Empty Sanguinarix” animation to be quicker and interruptible sooner
- Fixed a farming spot issue with Scarlet Shadow where he would fall through the world on his own for every spawn. Now, if you leave your character to farm on their own, you might find them dead when you return.
- Modified the invasion area gameplay sublayer in Fritzroy’s Gorge to prevent rare instances where the invader would spawn underground at the beginning of the invasion.
- Players could previously exit the boundaries and fall out of the world at the Abbey of the Hallowed Sisters.
- The lower LODs for the effigy of Scorn have been adjusted to activate their clothing physics.
- The skip cinematic flow has been improved by displaying the required key on the screen when any button is pressed.
After reviewing all the comments from players and content creators, we’ve filtered out those with constructive feedback and will begin implementing some changes in the coming days.
As a preview, this patch primarily focuses on balancing and includes a few tweaks following the process described above.
Regarding stability and optimization, we’ve observed significant improvements in Sentry, with an even lower percentage of people affected. It appears that your reports and our team’s efforts are starting to yield results. Expect further improvements in upcoming builds.
Sentry Reporting Tool
Another crash has been resolved, thanks to player reports (keep clicking that send button!).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when enemies alerted each other about the presence of the player.
- The “snipers” at Pilgrim Perch have had their aiming capabilities revised. They now have a high chance of missing their shots when the target is beyond 15 meters.
- After noticing that players were often disregarding status effect resistance rings and runes, we’ve decided to give them all a noticeable boost to make them more competitive with other types and incorporate them into some builds.
- Slightly increased the second hit damage for one-handed Grand Swords’ forward heavies to match it with its slightly slower animation.
- Fixed an NPC corpse that was interactable before meeting the proper quest requirements.
- Modified “the moving merchant” to sell 2 copies of the Slave Hunter Dagger, encouraging players to explore the dual-knives dual-wielding stance, which may be slightly overpowered and subject to potential nerfs in the future.
- Several throwable items have been adjusted to eliminate camera collision properties, preventing undesired “zoom-ins”.
- Text spilling on “Attack Power” has been resolved for several languages, including french, italian, brazilian portuguese and Spanish.
- A streaming volume issue at the Fief of the Chill Curse has been resolved to prevent players from falling into the void while the map wasn’t fully loaded, particularly for players like Auteru.