The minimum system requirement to play Melty Blood: Type Lumina is Windows 10 and a lot of players are complaining that they cannot launch the game or get an error whenever they attempt to launch the game. While the game officially does not support Win 7, there is a way to make it work on your OS. The Fix was shared by a Steam user that goes by the name LuxEtUmbra. Before you start the game, note that we have not tested this fix personally so we cannot guarantee if it works. But, if you still want to go ahead and try, keep reading and we will show you how to play Melty Blood: Type Lumina on Windows 7.
Melty Blood: Type Lumina – How to Play on Windows 7
The game requires the XAudio 2.9 library, which is a part of the Windows 10 OS and as this library is not present in Win 7, you are unable to launch the game. The fix is quite simple, follow the below steps:
- Click on the link to download XAudio 2.9 library from Nuget. Clicking on the link will auto-start the download.
- Unzip the file using any of the software you prefer.
- Go to build\native\release\bin\x86\
- Locate the file xaudio2_9redist.dll
- Rename the file to xaudio2_9.dll
- Now paste the file in your game’s install directory.
Try to launch the game and hope it works. If it does, let us know and other users in the comments.