Windows 11 is on the verge of release, but there are still a large number of users who prefer Windows 7 and want to stick with it. While it’s all a personal preference it comes at a cost of losing out on new software and technology. One of them is DirectX 12. Diablo 2 Resurrected requires DirectX 12 to be played, which is available on Windows 10 and 11. So, if you are on Windows 7 you won’t be able to play the game. But, hold on, there is a way. Stick with the post and we will show you how to play Diablo 2 Resurrected on Windows 7.
Diablo 2 Resurrected – How to Play on Windows 7
Without DirectX 12, if you try to launch Diablo 2 Resurrected, it will crash on startup and you won’t be able to play the game. Here is the workaround to play Diablo 2 Resurrected on Windows 7.
- Go to Nuget and click on Download package (1.89MB).
- Once you have downloaded the .nupkg file, rename the file and add the .zip extension.
- Now, extract the file.
- Go to the extracted folder. Go to the bin folder > x64
- Locate and copy d3d12.dll and dxilconv7.dll
- Go to the install directory of the game and paste the files next to the .exe of the game.
- Download the v0.1-winx64-rel.zip from Github and extract the files next to the .exe of the game.
- Open a new text file and paste withdll /d:win10verhack64.dll game.exe (save the text file)
- Rename the text file with extension .bat (once you have renamed it abc.bat, you can run it as an executable)
- Run the text file you just renamed to .bat and the game should work.
That’s all we have in this guide. Hope you will be able to play the game on Windows 7 by following the above hacks. Note though, if your GPU does not support DirectX 12, the solutions will not work. Also, you need the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019. If it does not work, update the C++ Redistributable 2019.
Originally posted by Hejmus6