These days, as smartphones are too handy we often see most people using Twitter with smartphones. Today, Twitter has become a platform for posting updates on your business or even personal life. Some would choose to make it public while some would rather have a private account.
If you have a Twitter account, you have to have the decision to make. You have to decide whether it is a public or private account. And until you make that decision, you can’t maximize Twitter to its full potential.
So you should know how to make a Twitter account private through your device. Here are Methods to make your Twitter account private on Mobile and Desktop.
Steps to Make Twitter Account Private
- The most important part that you must keep in mind is that you must have installed Twitter with the latest version so you don’t face any bugs while using it. No matter if it’s IOS or Android.
- The next step is too easy to be done, just open the Twitter application on your phone and create a new account on Twitter.
- Now go to profile > settings and privacy > privacy and safety.
- In privacy and safety, tap on the audience and tagging > turn on protect your tweets (toggle)
Here were the easiest steps that you can go through to make your Twitter account private.
Let’s check out how you can make your account private on your Desktop.
Steps to make Twitter account Private on Desktop
- The first step is to open your browser as you can access Twitter through its official application software on a desktop.
- Search for twitter.com on your browser.
- Now you need to fill in your username and password to access your account on the desktop. Log in using your username and password.
- On the left panel, you’ll see more. Click on more > Settings and privacy
- In Settings and privacy, tap on privacy and safety > audience and tagging > turn on protect your tweets (toggle)
- After the toggle, a pop-up notification will appear on the screen. Tap the protect button to make the final step
So you’ve decided you want to make your Twitter account private. Great choice! Making your Twitter account private will help you protect your privacy and keep your tweets from being seen by those who you don’t want to see them. You can do this by the above-given steps. The first thing you’ll need to do is log into your Twitter account. Once you’re logged in, click your profile photo in the top right corner.
We hope that you loved our guide. If you still having any issues, then please elaborate it to us in the comments below.